Cal Spyder Replicas | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cal Spyder Replicas

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Texas Forever, Apr 5, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Timberbill

Timberbill Rookie

Apr 22, 2008
    Hi Ed , I would love to have the sales info.. I am the one who posted about the company. My Dad used to take me to the shop where they were built. He would often deliver auto parts there.They were the good old days when we could be together like that. Can you contact me through this site? I'm not sure ,I just found it today. Thank you very much , Bill .

2. coulthardsfriend

Aug 13, 2007
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    Nick L.
    I want the purist thing I can find and afford that looks closest to the real one but it must have the 4 pipes!-I have been lookin all my life for an affordable recreation but whenever I find one it is either too fake or too expensive-it has to be at least very close to the original or whats the point-not tryin to fool anyone but any variations in the original make it look cheap and insulting to Ferrari people
    but an honest recreation with a nice motor and nice 4 pipe sound with IRS and a/c-I had a chance to buy one for 20k about 2001 but every quarter panel would have needed work so I decided against it-it even had real NART badges-which werent original but still of value-Nick-How about a recreation of the 410 superamerica that after bein stolen was shipped back to Italy and redone by the same people that built the 1st one-What a car that is with the 3-4 barrel webers-#0671 SA-sorry I got carried away here but those older cars are the most beautiful thing in the world to me

3. coulthardsfriend

Aug 13, 2007
    Long Island,NY
    Full Name:
    Nick L.
    I wouldnt mind a 99 pointer with ford power and 4 pipes

4. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    [ QUOTE=coulthardsfriend;142492087]I wouldnt mind a 99 pointer with ford power and 4 pipes[/QUOTE]

Having several posts in this thread I agree completely this thread does not belong here. I am sure Bob will have it moved. Yes I did complete the building of one of these and drive it when the weather permits.July here was dreadful but things are improving. Anyone who knows the originals will not be fooled I have made sure of that. Eather someone thinks it's an MG or Austin Healy or there is "that's a Ferris Bueller car" from the knowledgeable. It does get a lot of looks and with no power assists is a beast to drive. But it does bring back the old days. At least I got the Ferrari yellow spot on. Just to show I am not a total heretic I did own a 328GTS in Italy for four years but that's another story. tongascrew

5. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Amen.