CAFE - 9th Annual Motori Italiani in Charlotte, NC - Saturday, March 28th! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CAFE - 9th Annual Motori Italiani in Charlotte, NC - Saturday, March 28th!

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Grigio 308, Feb 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Crayzee1

Crayzee1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 19, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Awesome pics!

2. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    #27 PATLEW, Mar 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    #28 PATLEW, Mar 29, 2015
  4. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    I had a great time yesterday and will definitely post some pics when I get home. I was hoping to finally get to see a Speciale, but I think the Miura more than made up for that : ) Patrick your Gallardo sounded EPIC, and the driver of that black 458 in your last pic gave me a great photo op by almost spinning out while leaving the plaza lol.

5. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Stunning cars as always terrific job as always Kevin!

6. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    #31 PATLEW, Mar 29, 2015
    Here is from today a special for you. Look out in the Blakeney area you will start to see this a bit. Crazy amazing car. I was the passenger thanks to the fellow f-chatter for chasing me down so I could go for a ride.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. SebastianJ

SebastianJ Rookie

Jun 15, 2014
    This was an amazing event! Patrick, your rev battle with the black 458 was one of the highlights for me. I was disappointed about the absence of the Speciale, but I stopped by FCI Greensboro on my way back to Raleigh, and there was one there. :) The Miura was amazing, and I got to sit in the black 458 and Rosso Mars Aventador. Nick, that must have been you in the blue shirt with curly hair! I was in the black RK Motors hoodie. You showed me your shot of the 458 almost spinning out. I wish I had known it was you; I would have said hi. Thank you for organizing this, Kevin!

8. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Wow! Looks great! I wish I could drive around in Ballantyne a bit more, but unfortunately it can take close to an hour for me to get there from where I stay on the northern side of Charlotte. I'm sure I'll catch sight of it at some point though, especially if he ever goes into Southpark, as I can usually make it about that far south at least once or twice whenever I'm in Charlotte.

9. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    Everyone says the road cone is pretty loud but I cant tell at all. The gentleman in the speciale said it was loud too yesterday but its hard for me to hear inside the car.

10. Grigio 308

Grigio 308 Formula Junior

Apr 8, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Kevin Fielden
    Hello all,

Well, another Motori Italiani is now in the books! The rain late in the week certainly knocked the pollen down to about zero and left us with a beautiful sunny day with a definite chill in the air.

Many commented on the great diversity of vehicles on display this time around. We had nearly 70 years of Italian motoring on display with examples ranging from 1947 to 2015.

Of course, this event could not have been a success without YOU. Participants and visitors alike make this a great gathering each year.

Special thanks do go out to a number of folks as well:

Jim Calandro with the Desmo club is my right hand when it comes to putting on this show. He has done a fantastic job each year reigning in the cycling community. Well shown this year with a record number of Ducatis in the field.

John Abel and Brian Caughman were there as you arrived and got you quickly signed in and positioned.

Of course, 131 Main has been our host venue since the inception back in 2007. They welcome us with open arms each year and we're certainly made to feel welcome. And we get some great food for lunch to boot!

Automotive International is both our primary sponsor for this event and also graciously hosts the traditional "After Party" BBQ at their facilities. Not to mention making sure many of the cars you saw Saturday were in tip-top condition for show day!

We also need to acknowledge the vendors that came out and added so much to the festival feel of the day:

GMP Performance
    Lamborghini Carolinas
    Maserati Charlotte
    Matthews Fun Machines
    Stateline Fiat

And I know you all want to know the voting results, so here they are:

Ferrari Classic 8-Cylinder:
    Kevin Fielden
    1984 308 GTSi QV

Ferrari Modern 8-Cylinder:
    Ed Bowers
    2015 458 Spider

Ferrari 12-Cylinder:
    Kevin Fielden
    1976 512 BB

Lamborghini:
    Michael Jetzer
    1967 Miura

Maserati:
    Willem Oosthoek
    1963 3500GT

Alfa Romeo:
    Dave Amadio
    1985 GTV6

Specialty Automobile:
    Herbert Gibson
    1947 Fiat Topolino

Ducati:
    Chris Henick
    2008 Monster S4RS Tricolore

Specialty Motorcycle:
    James May
    2014 Moto Guzzi California 1400

Ladies' Choice:
    Herbert Gibson
    1947 Fiat Topolino

Best in Show:
    Michael Jetzer
    1967 Lamborghini Miura

Congratulations to everyone!

We now begin work on our landmark 10th Anniversary Motori Italiani for Spring 2016!!

Kevin Fielden
    CAFE - Charlotte Area Ferrari Enthusiasts

11. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    #36 nicholasn, Apr 3, 2015
    Here are a couple of pics I took at the show. I have plenty more to post, but just got home and have barely had a chance to go through them all. Kevin, I definitely enjoyed the show, and appreciate all of your efforts to organize such a great event. I don't make it to any of the other Charlotte area car shows with any regularity (such as C&C), but both years I've attended Motori Italiani make me want to come back next year and see more!

12. Deiger

Deiger Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2011
    That last one of the 2003 360 Spider may have not been the sexiest car there, but definitely the SEXIEST OWNER!!!!

Deiger

13. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Lol! Somehow, despite all the pics you took, I managed to avoid photobombing all of them.

14. ECTurboGSX

ECTurboGSX Formula 3

Dec 26, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Man, the 250TR recreation stops coming the year I move to Charlotte and a Miura shows up the year I move away. Looks like another amazing rendition of Motori Italiani :)

15. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
  16. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
  17. nicholasn

nicholasn Formula 3

Nov 7, 2013
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    Thanks Adam. I'll try to have more up in the next couple of days.

18. nitsud

nitsud Karting

Feb 11, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    A little bit late here, but I have finally gotten around to uploading some of my pictures from the event.

Here's a link to my Flickr page if you'd like to check them out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/118160644@N04/

I had a great time seeing (and hearing!) all of the cars at the event and would like to thank Kevin, and everyone else involved, for putting together such an enjoyable show. Can't wait until next time!

19. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Awesome pics - thanks for sharing.

Interesting to see an actual Weismann (BMW M drivetrain in a raw car) in Charlotte.

20. southnc

southnc Formula 3

Dec 25, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Friday, April 25, an orange Lamborghini Gallardo on 51 (near Calvary Church) at around 4 PM.

21. BenjaminB

BenjaminB Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2010
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Full Name:
    Benjamin
    #48 BenjaminB, Apr 25, 2015
  22. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    You spotted me out running errands taking the long way home.