c6 z06 vs C7 z06 | FerrariChat

c6 z06 vs C7 z06

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by supratime, Dec 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
  2. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    IMHO the C6 looks considerably better than the C7. all the goofy non body colored details really bug me and the entire back end is bad... really bad :eek: On this particular example its not AS bad since its a dark gray color, but on most of them they stick out like a sore thumb

Im a HUGE vette fan but the c7 isn't as good looking as the C6 or even C5 really :shrug:

3. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    That color (body + wheel colors) don't suit the C7Z imo. It would look a lot better in a brighter color or black with black wheels like the C6Z. Both look nice, but in brighter colors, the C7Z looks better imo.

4. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Just got a c7z for a new shop car where I work. As for looks I prefer the C6Z.

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I'm not a fan of either. But, the C7 is way too busy IMHO...too much going on. I prefer a smoother body style.

6. sburke

sburke Formula 3

Dec 21, 2010
    Lake Norman, NC
    Exactly my thoughts. That c7z looks awful, but in red or yellow they look really good.

7. supratime

supratime Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2006
    100% agree but I thought it was just me bc I own the C6z. I thought the C7 in general would grow on me but it just hasn't. C7s rear end ruins the entire car for me ... and its too heavy.

8. PaulK

PaulK F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 24, 2004
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The C6Z is the last of the big block NA motors. It will always have a special place in my heart.

I don't mind the way the C7Z looks. In those pictures it sure makes the C6 look a little dated. This is the first Z where I would rather have the C7 Z51 package.

9. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    Unexpected - I have a C6Z and prefer the C7Z. Maybe it's just the novelty and it will wear off, but I love all the functional business on the body and the aggressive angularity. I wonder if the NA 7 liter 7000 rpm V8 will be iconic?

10. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Agree, I'm having a hard time warming up to the C7. The rear in particular is a disaster, but also the over-styled side view. (That said, I'm sure it's a much improved car.)

C6 was probably the best looking Corvette ever made. And no, I don't own one.

11. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    C6

Every model was nice. I'm just bummed I haven't had one yet. The ZR1s are starting to be really attractive to me. The Z06 is an awesome car too. But in C6 form for me.

12. CK7684

CK7684 Formula 3

Oct 19, 2011
    MN
    Full Name:
    Jason
    +1... I prefer the C7

13. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    I like the C7Z better too. A lot of people complain about the back end but I think the rear end is nicer than the C6, particularly the rear windshield. I hated the hatch look of the C6, the new style is much better.

14. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    The way Chevy treated the rear end top air inlets and rear-end just harkens me back to when motown was adding doodads and what-not's as styling bits and bobs.

Since Ferrari folk most of us are use too round stop lights and thats all the Corvette has had to this point (or as round -oval- as possible). To go from what use to be a traditional styling cue to what there is now has really shocked the traditionalist. But hey, I just hope that the Vette Scene isn't as uptight as the Porsche Guys who create a much greater stink when something from the last model changes, even in small doses.

Chevy should keep the black crap add on's the same color as the car. And do though's rear-end top inlets serve any function? Good thing fiberglass doesn't rust.

But at least this Vette has a Real Interior instead of the crappy styling and materials used in years past. Good thing they are trying to bring that up to par with the rest of the world.

15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Yeah, that hatch-look rear glass of the C6 never grew on me. Also, the C5 and C6 have those huge flat rear bumpers that look like someone turned a picnic table on its side. The C7's bumper isn't perfect, but imo went in a better direction and not as two dimensional.

16. Long Beach Pride

Mar 13, 2014
    Long Beach Ca
    Full Name:
    Alfred E. Neumen
    That and you can push the rear bumper in and it will pop right back out. I remember Clarkson doing that on an episode of Top Gear BBC. Albeit the real bumper is a structural bit just right behind the plastic parts that cover it... but we all know that.

But, I will admit I do respect the performance a real driver can get out of any variant from the newer Vettes.

17. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    C6 definitely is showing its age but is still hands down better looking.

Even if I could get over the emo taillights on the new car, the giant splitter/fender extension things and the ridiculous wickerbill are comical. Eeeesh.