C# computer language | FerrariChat

C# computer language

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Noel, Mar 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Noel

Noel F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I need to learn C#, what is the best place? I know about the Microsoft.docs and Udemy (or similar)...I don't have anyone to ask, seems like that's the problem. Private help? online? software trainer?

2. gtwhaley

gtwhaley Karting

Jan 10, 2011
    Kentucky & Texas
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Surely there are some entry level tutorials on YouTube? Next it would depend on what your ultimate goal is. Focus on learning the very basics, but then concentrate on what you’re trying to accomplish. No substitute for just jumping in and start writing code. You’ll make mistakes, but you’ll learn from them. The hardest thing about programming, is finding a worthwhile program to write. Flowchart it out so that you can visualize your thought process, and the coding will be much easier. Lastly, don’t feel that “borrowing” snippets of someone else’s code is wrong. Everyone does it. (I don’t mean blatant disregard for commercial source code, but rather code that is shared publicly in online forums)

Good luck with your project!

Just a guy who loves cars. Currently working on an 01 360 giallo modena, an 01 pcar 911 (996) and an 82 911 Targa.

3. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
    You didn't say why you want to learn C#. If it is for a specific application then there are a number of solid Youtube videos.

Start here:

Then build a number of Sample projects to develop your skills.

gtwhaley likes this.
  4. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    LinkedIn learning. Used to be Lynda.com

Would avoid YouTube stuff unless you are researching a particular problem.