Buying and exporting 360 from Italy questions? | FerrariChat

Buying and exporting 360 from Italy questions?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by MikeInSanFrancisco, Mar 17, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MikeInSanFrancisco

May 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I have a friend that is looking into buying and exporting a Ferrari 360 from Italy to Sweden (looks like the most attractive prices are in Italy). Anyone who have done this before? What's the VAT rate and any suggestions for Pre Purchase inspections? How does the export license plates work?

Any feedback is well appreciated.

2. PoleApart

PoleApart Formula 3

Sep 28, 2005
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    P.
    No VAT since it's over 6 months old and both countries are in EU but he will need to pay whatever the Swedes have in place - registration fees, excise tax, environmental fee - I don't know what the system is like there but in places like Denmark the cost would be prohibitive. Italian export plates look like they're just printed on paper. The exporting part must be easy as I see a lot of Italian market cars in used car dealerships here. Importing to Sweden is probably where the challenge lies.

3. ulf rickard

ulf rickard Formula Junior

Sep 28, 2009
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Ulf Rickard
    I take a try explaining import to Sweden from Italy ....

Luxury cars are cheap in Italy, why ? their tax system punish motorstrong cars, the cars are often also in "very used" if You understand. It is important to look at the car irl and it is important that the original registrationdocuments are available

So .....

you can not drive a car from Italy, there is no possibilities to exportplates, You have to transport on truck.

Arriving in Sweden you have to calculate cost around 700 EUR before the car is on the road

The car must be older than 6 months and passed 6000 km. You have to watch out for the VAT. If the car sell with VAT and you getting a refund leaving Italy You have to pay the Swedish, 25%, arriving here

There is no problem in Sweden, just some papers and some waiting

I think thats all

Ulf Rickard