Buyers' Group for Mondial Center A/C Vent | FerrariChat

Buyers' Group for Mondial Center A/C Vent

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by ckracing, Aug 16, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I would like to see if any Mondial Guys, are interested in a group buy from ST Corsa to purchase the redesigned Mondial A/C vent. ST Corsa is charging $300.00 for their vent.

OR if someone can modify a way to use the existing A/C vent and make a conversion kit.

my email is [email protected]
    Charles

2. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    I just installed my corso vent this weekend ( I had it a real long time but have been very busy and an a/cvent install has not been a priority). I tell you it is worth the 300 it is incredible quality and fit and design. if you wanted to go cheap I guess you couls pull out the botom of teh OEM vent and place a triangular filler of some kind in ther to hold it more vertical but then again..what you do get for 300 is the complete deal and you get to actually enjoy the a/c and it is front and center in the cockpit as well so all considered ( and I am not a fan of throwing away money -- OK I do own ferraris so I guess I am throwing away alot of money ) you could remake the corso vent in plastic, but that would be copying, and would not be as nice and would still all in be pricey, how many are you going to sell...the cab guys take down their top and the coups guys boast about how rare their cars are and that they bought them'cause they are so cheap. I have nothing to do with corso and in fact I am not a fan of them or their service but they do develop some really needed uprated items for the "orphaned" ferrari the mondial and that they do a good job and tales guts...I think the guy's name is steve so thanks steve... another mondial f-chatter here really helped me with thte corso vent -- he is the guy making the templates I think..sorry I forgot his name and I want to thank him as a valuable member of teh mondial owners community

3. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    NYC, you have a point. I sent an email to STCorsa asking how many A/C vents they had left. When I get a count and a price, maybe the other Mondial owners will want one if the price is right.

Charles

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I e-mailed them twice about it a few months ago and never got a reply.

Birdman

5. ckracing

ckracing Formula Junior

May 20, 2006
    Jacksonville,Florida
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Is there any interest in a group purchase of the ST Corsa vent?
    Charles

6. MondiAl87

MondiAl87 Karting

Oct 10, 2005
    Sacramento Area
    Full Name:
    Al D.
    I also emailed ST Corsa several months about their vent and never got a reply. I would be interested in a group buy...keep us posted. Thanx.

7. NYCFERRARIS

NYCFERRARIS Formula 3

Mar 2, 2004
    Don't feel bad...I could not get this guy to return a email or phone call. took me over a year to get mine and I used it this weekend ( I just installed it) and it looks great and works great...it was nice to have cold air on my face in the mondial. here is what you might try, pull the oem vent..very easy to do just pry it out slowly on teh top and bottom slots for that purpose....on teh inside fit (somehow) a horizantal baffle angle at teh correct degree to force air upward... while you are in there you can plug the right hand tunnel that goes to the right hand dash vent and also duct tape the whole business so no air leaks anywhaere but throguht the vent... another a/c issue. Iwas using the A/c this wknd and enjoying the corsa vent and foud a lot or a/c condensationleaking in the passenger foot well...so I have to see about that.