BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! LUCKY MOTORS CHICAGO | Page 3 | FerrariChat

BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!! LUCKY MOTORS CHICAGO

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by jmbarba76, Nov 4, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I assure you that based on this thread I will never buy a car from lucky motors. Your thread and it's intent worked on me.

Do help your father make the best of things now. Cheers.

2. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    I just found Lucky Motors reviews on Car Dealer Reviews, Dealership Ratings, Cars For Sale - DealerRater.com , I can't believe this place is still in business! There are so many negative reviews. The guy Chris Wright is apparently the owner, he is the one who told me to F myself, Mike Salerno was the salesman. Seems to be a lot of complaints against those two dirtbags. I'll post pics of the complaints tomorrow. BTW my father is already $20k into fixing the Nomad mechanically. Haven't even started the cosmetic work. Stay tuned for the complaints it's really unbelievable.

3. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    I've dealt with people like this before. They exploit others fully and respond only to a credible "or else".
    Your thread here while a nuisance to them doesn't really impact their ability to do business very much. A bad BBB rating is a black eye, civil courts, Secretary of States Police swing real meat. You laid down.

4. jmbarba76

jmbarba76 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 12, 2009
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Joe B
    I agree Ross. Unfortunately I don't think we would even have a case here, since he did purchase a used vehicle without even looking at it in person. Maybe a misrepresentation lawsuit. Not sure, but it would probably be more trouble than it's worth. BBB is a bunch of bs. The only thing I can do here is warn others of Lucky Motors. My advise, google the dealership before buying anything over the Internet. A simple google search found numerous complaints, just like mine, on this very dealer.

5. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    #57 norbert, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    I personally have been taken advantage of many times because I feel that I shouldn't judge everyone as a thief the first time I do business with them. I have sold thousands of items through advertisements and have had may be 10-15 returns. Mostly I feel because the buyer was hoping for more than the description actually told them in the first place. I still don't want to feel I should mistrust everyone I meet or do business with. One thing I have grown to use as a guide is that it is very difficult to deal with "desperate people" a la South America even when you are looking the other guy in the face. (At least I am far ahead overall.) I feel very good personally sleeping well at night knowing that I have always gone out of my way to not misrepresent anything I have ever offered for sale.