Buy, drive it 5 years, sell it for a profit. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Buy, drive it 5 years, sell it for a profit.

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by tundraphile, Jun 14, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    I personally think the BMW E60 M5s with the V10 engine will be good collector down the road. I can't think of too many sedans that sound like it and the era of the the giant engine in the mid-size car is gone. You'll still see it in the big sedans like the Audi A8 and the like, but never in the mid-size cars.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Uber low production? For the EVO models, sure. Not for the regular one - they sold around 8k cars PER YEAR for the almost 10 years of production.

3. clickclickboom

clickclickboom Karting

Dec 30, 2009
    PA
    Full Name:
    Terry
    2000 Mustang Cobra R
    Z3 M coupe
    1M (prices will slide a bit in the near term)
    E46 M3 CSL
    Unmolested 1999-2004 Ford Lightning and '02-'03 Harley Trucks
    Chevy SSR
    CLK63 Black Series
    In the future Audi R8 - kind of like the NSX, doesn't have the soul of a Ferrari but no reason to ever be cheap

4. Pass

Pass F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 29, 2008
    Salida Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Passarelli
    Any pre 1971 Mercedes 2 door. coupe or convert.

5. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    2002-2008 G-wagons.

6. hensleyac

hensleyac Karting

Jun 2, 2015
    Estero Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I am from the "Ferris Beullers Day Off" era. I didn't know what kind, but I knew Magnum PI drove a red Ferrari. I watched Miami Vice. I dreamed of owning a Ferrari when I was in HS and College.

In my youth, I didn't see muscle cars all over the road, in my dads garage, or in new car showrooms. So I don't have the love for them that others have. I do appreciate them, I just don't think the people from my era will flock to them as they will cars more dominant from our era. (duh, I'm not the first to think this)

I'm now 42 and just purchased a 1993 348 S.S. (I was a sophomore in College in 1993). Others my age have money to spend and we are coming for the cars of our era. The hot 80's and 90's cars will be in our garages because they are in our hearts.

By the way - thanks so much for all that post here. I've learned a great deal reading through and appreciate all that is shared.

7. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hellcat Challenger................

Regards,
    Jerry

8. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    True, but by big engine I meant V10's and V12's in midsize sedans. That era is over and the E60 M5 with its V10 is the last of them.

9. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    E28 and e34 m5s are quietly starting to appreciate. Last of the handbuilt m cars. Z3 m coupes, 1m, early land cruisers and defenders are on the rise as well.

10. peterp

peterp F1 Veteran

Aug 31, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Peter