But is it art? (talking about slicing a Ferrari in half and wall hanging it...) | FerrariChat

But is it art? (talking about slicing a Ferrari in half and wall hanging it...)

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by bitzman, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    https://ralfbecker.com/blog/2012/3/23/ferrari-project-automotive-art.html

OK I get it. Ferraris are beautiful, are they not? So why not slice them down the middle longitudinally and hang one half on the wall? But then who, in the case of this example, is the artist--Pininfarina or the guy wot done the slicing and dicing? Also if this guy starts pumping these out willy-nilly, he is depriving real Ferrari owners of body panels needed to get crashed cars back out on the road. What if stolen cars get subjected to this? Better to find it stolen and stripped than hanging on some art connoisseur's wall....

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    I wonder how much money it cost the artist (or art owner) to acquire that sheet metal? Has to be considerable.

3. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Easier to just create the panels by hand using bucks from cad data. Doesn’t waste a good car and is much, much more affordable.

I do it all the time.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Exactly. What that "artist" did in the link is what I consider destructive and not constructive, which would be using CAD data for bucks and hand making panels.