Burning Stomach Fat | FerrariChat

Burning Stomach Fat

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by cicatrix, Aug 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cicatrix

cicatrix Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    USA 1
    I have read through some of the thread here and searched online, but I will still ask anyway. What is the best way to burn stomach fat? I basically want to tone my core and get rid of the fat. I'm not looking for a six pack just yet. What kind of diet should I have? Should I have protein shakes/powder mixes? If so, what do you recommend? What kind of exercises should I be doing? I do not want to join a gym because I do not have that much time in my day, so what kind of stuff can I do at home? Any other advice is welcome.

2. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    As much as you'd like to you can't burn fat in a specific area. Unfortunately fat is burned in the opposite order that it is gained and since it's gained first around the midsection that's the last place that it's going to leave. As already stated in multiple threads the best way to burn fat is cardio and lowering your caloric intake. Basically burn more than you intake and over time the fat will go away.

If you're looking for more efficient ways to burn fat look into interval training and HIIT (high intensity interval training)

Check out the diet thread for more info on nutrition and what you should be eating to aide in fat loss and after all that it just takes time and determination.

3. rmk

rmk Formula 3

Mar 24, 2002
    First, lay off the Bacon :D

A great core will come from a clean diet. You can do as many crunches as you want, but it will not matter if you are consuming ****. You should visit a local fitness store and purchase an inflatable workout ball and download ball exercises from the web. Follow those exercises, eat clean and you will be ok. I would not consume protein shakes if your plan is to assault your core.... also avoid any fat burning pills or the such.... Stay natural!

4. ENZO_Rambo

ENZO_Rambo Rookie

Aug 4, 2008
    As far as specific exercises that target the lower gut and love handles....I would suggest purchasing a roman chair and a flat bench, use the roman chair for conventional sit-ups working the upper abdominals and use the flat bench to do leg raises and to work the lower abdominals ................I do these with a weighted jogging vest around my ankles, i do them slowly and you will really feel the burn a day or two later.

A workout ball with 2 70lb dumbbells (to slide your feet under and hold them steady as you sit-up) will also work very well.

5. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    Take care of yourself first = Cardio & diet. The rest is vanity :)

6. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    If you focus mainly on the lower abdominals the upper abdominals will come along without having to focus on them at all.

7. ADON

ADON Formula 3

Feb 8, 2007
    You can't spot reduce. If you want to lose that gut, you have to lose fat all over. If you want to lose fat, there's no magic pill. You just gotta do some cadio. Anything to get your heart rate up and burn some calories. Stationary bike or running up and down the stairs should work well.

8. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    No magic pill is right. It's very simple. You need to burn more calories than you take in. It comes down to what works for you. I swim about 2 miles every week and watch what I eat (without being obsessive). Swimming is my choice because it's a great cardiovascular workout, exercises the whole body, and has almost zero impact on joints, etc. Find an all-body, cardio exercise that works for you, make a plan, and stick to it. Talk to your doctor first.

9. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    As mentioned spot reduction is not going to happen. For men we add the weight around the love handels and belly for women its actually easier to lose fat around the belly. I recommend reducing your portions by at least a 1/3. Lift moderate weights 3 times per week run or jog keeping your heart rate up to 80bpm for at least 35-45 minutes 5 days a week you will see the results. Eat 1.5 grams of protein per body weight so a 150lb person needs to eat 300 grams of protein per lb to maintain current muscle figure, (its there just hidding).

I am sure you have time to take care of your health is a matter of priority "you first everything eles second".

10. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Good info here.

For what it's worth, guys gain their fat first in the mid section (one reason we're more predisposed to heart problems). And women gain it in their thighs.

Good info here too. Eating clean, and 6 small meals a day is your best bet to start with. I wouldn't consume protein shakes either attempting to lose weight.