Bugatti Veyron VS Saleen S7 TT (1000hp version) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bugatti Veyron VS Saleen S7 TT (1000hp version)

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Carsonp, Dec 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FrostyAK

FrostyAK Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2005
    Anchorage, AK
    Bugatti. I simply cannot fathom a car with that much power, that much luxury, technology, engineering, etc. Between Clarkson's review, the EVO article, everything else, it would seem that it has the doubtful spectators beat. I will go one step further and say that I have been a fan of nearly everything the VW group has turned out recently. There, let the arguments commence.

- Chris

2. glc5q

glc5q Rookie

Sep 4, 2004
    I read in 9/05 R&T (Mile Drag Race) that the S7 is producing 750hp at only 5psi.

3. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    You don't think the Bugatti's 1,000 lb disadvantage would play in, just a little? ;)

Despite their similar power numbers, these cars are a world apart-- one is basically a pure racing car and the other is a pure GT car. This is very much like comparing a Stradale to a Bentley GT.

4. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Not sure how many here have actually been in either car, but from [limited] experience wtih the Saleen S7TT I wasn't impressed (for a road car at least). It's simply undrivable on the streets as it's SOOO unbelievably low, the fit and finish is subpar, and there is no usable passenger seat (unless you didn't have any legs)..

Bugatti w/o question.

5. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    That's what I thought. The Saleen is "just" a street legal track car, whereas the Bugatti is more in terms of modern supercars, very fast, and yet usable on a daily basis ... that's the name of the game in today's supercars. Driveability. And on that point, I can't see the S7 winning over the Bugatti.

6. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    #31 KennyH, Dec 16, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Taken from a TV show I worked on in California.. It makes the Enzo look like an SUV :). It took 3 people nearly a half an hour to unload it from the truck..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. SupraSeb

SupraSeb Karting

Dec 6, 2004
    Port St Lucie, FL
    Full Name:
    Sebastien Migneault
    Still haven't seen anybody explain the 1000hp S7...it's 750hp not 1000hp. And it is NOT a matter of just turning the boost up, unless you want a very expensive engine replacement. Heck you "can" turn the boost up on the Veyron too...

8. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I don't think there's any explaining to do ... the S7TT rates at 750hp, period. However, it's quite a bit lighter than the Bugatti, so I suppose people assume it performs just as well.