Bugatti Veyron VS Saleen S7 TT (1000hp version) | FerrariChat

Bugatti Veyron VS Saleen S7 TT (1000hp version)

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Carsonp, Dec 14, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    What do you think? I think its safe to assume the saleen is faster in every way, and the bugatti is likly higher quality...

Which would you take?

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Saleen looks a 100 times better, and how a supercar should look. (Long low and wide)

Veyron has the powertrain of a supercar, without the need for forced induction. It also has better build finish.

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    But the Veyron still has 4 turbos!

4. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    Saleen is rwd, the bugatti will destroy it in any type of drag racing. Having seen a few S7's they are fantastic cars, 1000% exotic and look like a flippin LM car. I prefer the S7 looks over the bug.

IMO the bugatti is pretty poorly designed. YES I know it sounds crazy, but after all the work they did, needing 10 radiators, this and that, the HP isn't THAT crazy. There are a few places that can build you 1khp pump gas cars. Build a good awd system and the performance level wouldn't be terribly hard to attain.

Heck just last weekend a guy ran 10.4 @ near 150mph in his TT viper... on 20" wheels with pilots. Thats no traction control, spilling the tires well into 4th gear. Put that motor on an awd car and it would be NUTS, and nowhere near $1mm.

5. 550Maranello575

550Maranello575 Formula 3

Oct 20, 2004
    Everett WA
    Full Name:
    Andrew W
    I think the Saleen is way way better looking. I've never seen a Veyron in person though. But just from pictures it dosent look like an exotic supercar should look.

6. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    1kbhp, IMO really isnt that impressive considering the engine the veyron has.

there are lots of supras with stock internals that have close or over 1000hp, seen one with over 1100 hp. hell, there is even an evo with like 850 hp to the wheels! thats gotta be close to 1000 at the crank. and thats only a (stroked) 2.4 boosted engine

so sure the veyron is exclusive, and 987 SAE hp is impressive, but its not really all thats it cracked up to be

i would really like to see the S7 win, because that is an awsome car, with a V8 so it'll sound awsome too. but with the RWD it would lose it even with 335's on the rear (i havent seen bigger than that, but im sure they exist). yes, 10 radiators is not good (unless intercooolers are considered radiators, and the veyron *should* have 4)

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Yea but with that many cylinders I give it a 'pass.'

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    What!? Do you think that deciding The Best Car In The World is just some arbitrary, subjective thing and you can just "deem" one car is the best?!?

What is this world coming to, man?!

9. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    I'd take the bugatti. Both are great of course.

10. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    I'd take the Veyron. I love that car.

11. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    for all those saying that the veyron "only" has 1000 HP, dont forget that while a supra or viper can put those numbers out with a good turbo setup, the veyron is designed to be refined, and to have regular mileage, not to burn out after a few thousand miles....

12. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    I thought the turbo Vipers didn't have "big" reliability problems.

13. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Saleen over the "Bugatti".

14. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    Diablo TT over both.....

15. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I would take the Bugatti over the S7 any day of the week.

I have never been impressed with anything Saleen has ever produced. Also, the S7's styling looks like an Americanized McLaren F1, whereas the Bugatti is 100% unique.

16. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    They don't, 1k rwhp from an 8L V10 isn't THAT hard to do, and from what I have seen doesn't make them any less reliable compared to stock. Mileage is about the same as stock when your not standing on the go fast pedal.

Take a ride in a TT Viper some time, they are more refined than the stock car, much quieter and the radiant heat from the exhaust is reduced a good bit.

17. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    does anyone have a link to conferm there will be a 1000hp saleen?

18. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    Last time I was there they were only doing 750-800ish off the lot. But thats the beauty of turbos, couple tweaks and you can kick the boost up. Providing you have good gas and a competent tuner.

19. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    What's amazing about the Saleen is that the 750HP version doesn't even run intercoolers.

20. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    :eek:!

21. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Yeah, I've never had a ride in one. I guess the biggest problem then is cleaning up the emissions...could that even be done on a 1000hp TT Viper?

22. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    comparing a highly modified japanese engine meant to last a few months
    to a stock refined production luxury car engine is plain stupid.

23. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    #23 Alex_V, Dec 14, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Based on what I just saw on Top Gear....Bugatti ALL THE WAY

And belive me, I never thought I would say that, I thought the Veyron was a joke all while being developed...but after seeing it in motion and learing some odd facts about it (thanks Jeremy Clarkson :) ) I really am starting to like this car!! :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. ROGUE GTS

ROGUE GTS Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Kalifornia
    Sure, with proper tuning you can make them run very clean. Hardest part is getting cats to survive, there is so much intense heat coming past the turbos they just literally come apart. And nobody makes a 5" in/out cat to stick behind the turbos. Uhh yeah, they are running twins with 5" down pipes, that big V10 flows a LOT of air.

And yeah Supras are lame, they can make good power, but only from 7-8500rpm which is weak. They are total slugs when not in boost and feel like **** to drive around.

25. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    Bugatti. saleens are such garbage they wont even allow them to be road tested by any magazines that arent on the pay roll.