Bugatti Veyron Super Sport sets a new topspeed record for production cars... | FerrariChat

Bugatti Veyron Super Sport sets a new topspeed record for production cars...

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by ZFFDT57, Jul 4, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZFFDT57

ZFFDT57 Formula 3

Mar 9, 2004
    Europe
    Full Name:
    I've got one
    #1 ZFFDT57, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
  2. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I'm quickly becoming in love with this car. If it was a bit cooler though it may have gone even quicker.

3. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    More press photos here.

>8^)
    ER

4. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Not a fan of the rear and not a fan of the orange, the rest of it is superb though.

5. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #5 Peloton25, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    It's pretty wild that they spent the coin to retake that record from Shelby SSC.

7. 430rcks

430rcks F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2009
    West Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Now that I like.

I'm not a fan of the orange. Especially on the wheels.

8. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm sure it was more along the lines of come in on top, leave on top. Its remarkable they did it with such a refined, clean shape before.

_J

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Is this Shelby SSC even associated with Carroll Shelby? Has anyone ever seen one in person? From what I have read it is pretty much a kit car with a blown Z-06 Motor.

10. P Zero

P Zero Formula Junior

Apr 19, 2006
    No, they are not associated with Carroll Shelby at all. The SSC is more than a kit car. Jay Leno did a review of it on his site a while back and it was very informative. I was pretty impressed with the attention to detail that went into it. Before seeing it, I too thought it was pretty much a kit car, but I was wrong.

11. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    #11 Peloton25, Jul 4, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2010
    No - just another guy who happens to share the name. Jay touches on it at the beginning of this video when interviewing Jerod Shelby about the car:

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/2008-ssc-ultimate-aero/275184/

>8^)
    ER

BTW: P Zero's reply wasn't there when I started typing this... :D

12. ExoticSpotter

ExoticSpotter Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Oh no a turn!!!

13. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

And pretty pointless too.

Thank god Ferrari have stop playing this top speed bragging game and focused there efforts on real world road and track driving dynamics.

14. AJ

AJ Formula 3

Jun 23, 2008
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I like it, but I'm not a fan of all the orange accents though. Is this the last Veyron variation we're going to see before production ends?

I saw one in December and I wasn't impressed. Each to their own but the Ultimate Aero is too much like a kit car for me to take seriously. The design does nothing for me and the finish is very poor, both inside and out.

What is the current status of the company itself? Are they actually producing any cars?

15. rifter

rifter Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Just because you wear Ferrari pajamas to bed every night doesn't mean achievements by other marques are "pointless".

16. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    #16 DriveAfterDark, Jul 5, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
    LMAO!

+1

I honestly believe Ferrari can not top that top speed. And it's not pointless at all: Veyron = Worlds fastest car model. The top speed is pointless but not the record. The car is writing history. I would never get one because it's at sterile as a dentists office, but I admire it for what it is - a display of force, power and high end technology.

17. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Car looks goofy without its intake nacelles.

Bordello paint job doesn't help!

18. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    It is an it isn't. VW has ambitions to be the #1 maker of cars worldwide, this is their halo project. Herr Piech also has a track record of not being beaten. I think Henry Ford had the same attitude in the 60's...

19. malebomb01

malebomb01 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2010
    Big D
    Just curious as to what you think it cost for this "upgrade"? If a regular veyron is ~1.8 Mil USD and this is ~2.4 Mil USD, will 600k per car be enough to cover it?

20. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    ey, don't you dare laugh at my amazing maranello magic pjs. :p

On a serious note this is impressive, very impressive. And I don't know who can confirm this but so far other than idiotic accidents I haven't really heard of a veyron breaking down. I have heard of quite a few running out of petrol, but no breakdowns to date so far.

I don't know if anyone heard of it yet, but I do believe an orange ssc threw a rod. I have no idea if its an ultimate or a base aero.

Don't get me wrong the fact ssc came outta nowhere and took a record I personally thought would stand for a while from the veyron. Thats impressive. But even though I'm not a big fan of its looks, the veyron is absolutely amazing.

But a quick sidenote on the veyron supersports is gonna end up killing quite a few rich people if they try to poke it. From the preliminary specs this is apparently not as docile if you can say that as a standard veyron. Actually a better term would be its more vicious, than the standard car, or so everyone would have me believe.

21. ZonderF

ZonderF Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2008
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The paint job they put on it is awesome but looks an awful lot like a few Porsche cars.

22. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Just keeping it in the family. :)

_J

23. nthfinity

nthfinity F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2005
    South East MI
    Full Name:
    Isaac not Issac
    #24 nthfinity, Jul 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. AlexO91

AlexO91 F1 Rookie

Sep 26, 2008
    NW England
    Full Name:
    Alex
    WOW... Veyron............... Le Mans style!! ;)