Bugatti veyron, not again! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bugatti veyron, not again!

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by alan, Jul 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Can't belive it's still not ready.

Belive it or not, I saw it parked in the street outside the German embassy over two years ago in London.

It looked......different.

Not as big as I thought it would.

2. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Delay was due to this issue: the car had a racing feel which wasn't the point; and the new VW chief decided the car would be drivable at full speed by anyone who could afford it.

As a matter of fact all these years delay has been due to changes in Volkswagen's chairmans. (Ferdinand Piech to Bernd Pischetsrieder or viceversa)

but all of these misunderstandings will be eased when Lamborghini launches a rebadged Veyron as their uncomprised 1000 HP Miura supercar

3. gougoul

gougoul Formula 3

Nov 25, 2004
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Frankly, one must have made a fortune on goldchains to spend 1ML no a VW.
    You can just buy a fleet of Golfs....
    Anyway, considering engine + tranny are somewhere 800Kgs heavy (thats' 1600 of your lbs), i guess gordon Murray must laugh himself to death-

The veyron, Phaeton,Gallardo(n) all belong to the same branch, like the Conti GT.
    Tasteless. They lack the true refinement one expects from such cars,and neither acres of leather and wood, nor zillions of hps and speeds will change it anyway.

4. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Karting
    BANNED

Jul 26, 2004
    Everywhere
    Full Name:
    Mike
    This is a car chasing numbers. 1,000hp, 250mph etc. The funny thing is that it was trying to defeat the McLaren in top speed initially but its taken so long to build, the Mclaren doesn't even hold the record anymore, lol and there are now other top speed competitors out there.

And to run at that speed, Bugatti has to come to you and fit special tires and take off the engine limiter.

At its showing to prospective buyers, most were underwhelmed and the price is simply staggering.

Lord, I should scan Gordan Murrays comments on the thing as well as Top Gear, hilarious.

5. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Actually your incorrect about the tyres needing to be changed.The Tyres are tested and approved up to 400kmh, the driver will have to do some special adjustments whilst in the car by pressing a few switches but, the tyres needing to be changed is not true atall.As can be seen in the article below.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/57118/veyron_storms_to_2485mph_record.html

6. 1SICKLEX

1SICKLEX Karting
    BANNED

Jul 26, 2004
    Everywhere
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Thanks for the correction, I had it in my EVO but I was to lazy to look the article up.

7. Pagani16

Pagani16 Formula 3

Apr 25, 2005
    SoCal(San Diego)
    Full Name:
    Jason T.
    When ever they fix the problems people will still line up and their will be a waiting list for the car. I believe Europe has stop taking orders untill it actually starts selling.