Bugatti killer | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bugatti killer

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by medal64, Jul 2, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Smurf

Smurf Formula 3

nice sentence....

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ditto!

Cheers!

3. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    #28 SonomaRik, Jul 6, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Not sure about that:

Bristol Cars production line stolen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Car production line stolen

05 July 2007

Part of the Bristol Cars production line has been stolen from the firm’s factory at Filton Airfield. The building was broken into last weekend, and huge presses taken.

The presses are used to make the Blenheim coupe, shaping aluminium for the doors, roof and wings. They’re not the sort of thing you can hide under your jumper, either, as they weigh several tonnes each. The thieves would have needed several lorries and a crane to remove them.

Production of the Blenheim may be in jeopardy once existing stocks of panels run out, but only a few cars are made every week. Replacing the presses may cost hundreds of thousands of pounds.

It is believed the presses were taken for their scrap value, and will be cut up and melted down before the raw metal is shipped to India or China.

Which if nothing else means there is a very, very small chance that machines that used to make Bristols could end up forming part of an MG.

Source: http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/226448/

5. SonomaRik

SonomaRik F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2006
    Sonoma, CA
    :| holly cr*p batman, how does one pull that job off.....: good find

6. dc_alwaysblue

dc_alwaysblue Rookie

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Daniel Y. Chiang
    To me, the veyron looks like a huge cockroach on steroid. Of course, with no soul.

7. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    In my opinion that gives it the "soul". The painful years of development were like something living, growing, maturing... and having seen one IRL I also have to say it (IMO) is NOT ugly.

8. istanl

istanl Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Ian
    But what do you mean when you say "Bugatti killer"?

I think Ferrari approach their cars with a very different philosophy,
    more focused on sportscars/supercars rather than heavy GTs.

I guess Bugatti blurs these two, but I doubt Ferrari would build a car
    like the Bugatti because it goes against their philosophy. They
    probably lack the resources aswell. I think it would be impossible if you
    didn't have a large company like VW backing the project.

9. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    In a recent interview, Montezemolo has ruled out the use of dieselfuels.

10. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    All of this may be bigger than all of us...

11. truman bond

truman bond Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2006
    Best comment I have seen yet in any of the Forum's.

Almost 20 years ago I was fortunate to be upon the Global Security Program at a reasonably good institution. It was clear then that it was inevitable that this would be the future - as RTB said, "the future is bright, the future is green" - Bravo, precisely.

In my current endeavour one of my team discovered that - and here I pose two genuine questions:

"at least two thirds of all cases of cancer are caused by..."

1. by what?
    2. who said it?

Winner gets free shares in my enterprise.

And here is a little why IMVHO the above quote is the best comment I have seen -

- all security threats were traditionally viewed through the lens of there being a discrete other who was responsible. (who we could look to blame) - whereas the environment teaches us it is, in fact, the unintended consequences of our own actions.

Where does that take us?

To a compelled, experiential knowledge of

= E pluribus unum.

Onwards...

12. medal64

medal64 Rookie

Feb 17, 2006
    ı really would like to see a ferrari which top speed is 400 km/s and more agressive looking than enzo in the near future.

13. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    someone put a twin turbo in an enzo or 599, that'll do it

14. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    or a supercharger

15. CrazyEnzo

CrazyEnzo Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    ferrari has no need creating a bugatti killer.

lol but they might end up aways when the produce their next supercar.

16. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG

I wish for once someone could tell me what "soul" is.

I hear Ferrari guys use this term a lot...usually when a "lesser" car outperforms the prancing horse.

Please, let me know what "soul" is.

17. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    words can't explain it.. only being behind the wheel will you understand

18. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona

1:
    Many studies have indicated that up to two-thirds of all cases of cancer are caused by smoking, poor diet, or a lack of exercise, as opposed to unlucky genes or environmental chemicals.

2:
    Dr. Augustus Grant, president of the American Heart Association and a professor of medicine at Duke University Medical Center in North Carolina.

If 2 is wrong, it could be:
    American Cancer Society Chief Executive Officer John Seffrin

Note how 2/3rds of cancer cases are PREVENTABLE!!!

YES!!! That would be amazing.

19. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Ferrari must embrace forced induction. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but haven't they used turbos in just 2 models and both are among the most sought after Ferrari supercars? The Germans are now putting two turbos in line - a small one for instant power, and a larger for top end. Best of both worlds! Please Luca, naturally aspirated was fun and my 355 has great soul....now force some air in there and start making some power!

20. truman bond

Sep 9, 2006

1. You got almost all of them - you were right about genes - but they all fall under one category, and one that given your asnwer you may be surprised by....

2. "If 2 is wrong" is closer - the source of my quote was bigger than any one individual, it was four major US Insititutions... and I was so surprised that I traveled to The Mayo Clinic in Rochester and found it in their Cancer Centre and now have the actual document with me.

and YES more than 2/3rds are preventable - that is what my enterprise is all about. According to Prof Blair of NCI it is arguably higher than that...

regards,

21. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    Knudsen's "Two hit hypothesis" and Hanahan and Weinberg's "Hallmarks of cancer"....... It's all fairly straightforward stuff.......

22. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    The bottom line is that Ferrari doesn't care about building a "Bugatti killer." Acheiving ridiculous top-speeds has never really been one of Ferrari's main goals. The Enzo replacement will practically be an FXX for the road, which will be an experience to behold. The Bugatti is by all means a fine car, but Ferrari isn't really worried about it.

-John

23. truman bond

Sep 9, 2006
    one of the more interesting posts in recent times....

My memory fails me, but didn't the recent biographer of Einstein suggest obsessional interest in such straightforward stuff is always the genius' common denominator....

Onwards - to make the straightforward an every day benefit...

24. RTB

RTB Formula 3

Sep 5, 2006
    UK
    I think that it was Einstein himself, based on "Occam's raiser".........

25. truman bond

Sep 9, 2006
    Gosh, you are making me think and I'm not all that fond of that ! This is difficult for me to express in words, so bear with me - cut me some slack et al., - but if I may, the danger in thinking is it tends to remove us from the experiential, which is where the invitation (some might say, demand) lies. And yet in answering the demand - thinking is then rightly required. But just not too much of it, lest our cleverness be celebrated by ourselves - and then of course down we go... for even though we might answer the question correctly, chances are it will be the wrong question.

and now arguably, we have come full circle, back to cancer. Wood for the trees etc.

That all made no sense - right.... anyways, I think Ben Hogan / Einstein / Enzo et al understood this.