Bugatti faces a big problem | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bugatti faces a big problem

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by NürScud, Feb 15, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ApexOversteer

ApexOversteer F1 Veteran

Feb 15, 2007
    Smoky Mountains, TN
    Full Name:
    T.A. Bell

Right, an expensive novelty that fizzled out at the end of a prolonged decline.

2. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Still the fastest?

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im sure the majority of Veyron buyers bought one because it was (is?) the most expensive car in the world. That is all that matters to them and the public. A P1 might be faster but a Veyron has the street cred as the most $$ and to a lot of buyers, it's what they are after. A lot of non car people know what a Veyron is because it was all over the press for years as the most expensive and fastest car in the world.

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Running costs for the Veyron are just stupid. The P1 has to be a lot less.

As silly as it sounds, even when spending over 1 million on a car it's difficult to justify a $25 grand routine service.

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I'm not a big fan of the original Veyron. I Much prefer the SuperSport. Mainly because of the interior. What I dislike about the normal one is it has this luxurious Bentley esque interior, but it's sill because at 70mph it's as loud inside as a 911 GT3 RS at the same speed.

With the carbon bits and touches of alcantara it suits it much more. Front bumper also looks better.

I agree...if one is available for lets say £350k it's a good buy. Pop in carbon bits, good retrimmer to put alcantara in, change wheels for SS items when due and done.

As long as the person buying it at a low price still understands the cost of running one, of course!
    +1 on all points.

6. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    I am so grateful that I actually dislike the Veyron. Heavy. Ugly to my eyes. I'd rather have an F40 that is valued in the same ballpark, much more likely to appreciate and proven to be both reliable and much less expensive to maintain, and even better maintain-able by independents for the long term. in 20 years will there be an ability to independently maintain a Bugatti or for that matter any of the current crop of hypercars? Yes the Bug is faster than an F40, but neither one is going to be driven to its potential by any owner anyway and top speed is one of the most stupid performance numbers there is. I can go out and enjoy 0-60 or 130, max lateral Gs, braking distance in a car at least on track, but even on track you won't get to top speed in any supercar for the last 25 years and if you do it on the street other than unrestricted roads that are few and far between you are crazy. Even the mile drag race events don't get to terminal velocity.

7. NSXLuvr

NSXLuvr Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Tx
    Full Name:
    Ritesh
    How the Hell do you take a Bugatti thread and convert it into a McLaren bashing thread. Couldn't you do that in the myriad other McLaren bashing threads you have already commented on or started?!

For the record - I am willing to bet you that McLaren P1 is sold out. Sure sounds like it based on multiple inquires for a P1 order in the past couple of months. There have many people on Mlife saying there is a 50 person cancellation list.

8. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Andy (with the F1 GTR) commented the other day he was quite sad he didn't order a P1 when he had the chance. Sound to me even he can't get one from the factory currently. I'm sure someone with an F1 GTR has significant connections. Says it all to me.

Mclaren have a winner.

9. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    +100

McLaren has been a very dynamic, and specialized car company (automotive manufacturer) for 25 years since the introduction of the F1. As long as they don't build an SUV, or crossover and keep the absolute quality and technicality of the road cars extremely high.. they can maintain their brand and exclusivity for many years to come.

10. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    I think you hit it on the head. If I close my eyes thinking I am 300m worth at least and start believing I want a veyron, the let down will be its notoriously ridiculous maintenance.

You may like the style or not but the Veyron is ultimatly a beautiful piece of machinary and worth a lot if it would not be for the headhaches or having it in the shop for periods of time which the bills to match.
    Very rich people are just like anyone else with their money on recurring cost.It is like you looking at your ever increasing cable bill. We all can well afford it but when the service is down 2 days out of the month and then you get wacked and nickeled all the time, you just get pissed and look for a better alternative no matter how great the resolution they give you is.

EDIT: nonetheless, I will gladly be a custodian for a proverbial $1 if they so decide to dump them ! :)

11. saklucik

saklucik Karting

Feb 9, 2014
    Western CT
    Full Name:
    Steven Klucik
    Did any one else get a chance to see the p1 this week ..? Bugatti faces a big problem? You all said it right, the p1.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Samsung s4

12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Orca!

My gawd that really looks awesome. First good looking pics I've seen of that car.

13. triple-x

triple-x Formula 3

Jun 4, 2009
    Full Name:
    Mr.Platinum
    Bugatti owners crying over a $25k "repair" bill?

Really? The estimate to do my clutch on my 30 year old Countach is going to be somewhere in the neighborhood of $27k. The parts alone for an 84 2v are near $20,000.

My Countach is worth in the high 2's to low 3's about 10% of what a top of the line Bug costs. I have a hard time believing that someone that's worth north of 200 even 300 million would be crying over a 25k repair bill. Maybe they should buy a Countach instead. As far as I'm concerned the Countach was/is/and will always be the king of all poster supercars.

14. saklucik

saklucik Karting

Feb 9, 2014
    Western CT
    Full Name:
    Steven Klucik
    Thank you, this car honestly doesn't have a bad angle. Although I am all about the rear end of this thing. The middle of the rear where the exhaust is, came up to my knee caps... that's how tall the back is!!
    Here's two more.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from Samsung s4

15. Madaboutred

Madaboutred Karting

Aug 10, 2013
    Athens Greece
    Full Name:
    Aris Thomazos
    How will Bugatti get rid of all the stock?
    With new special editions.
    Salute the all new Rembrandt Bugatti.
    (Namd after Bougattis artist cousin)
    Can be yours with just 2.2 mil euros.
    Next to come the Lassie Bugatti (named after Bugattis dog) and Kitty Bugatti (named after his cat)

Personally I am waiting for the Hairy Bugatti named after Bugattis @ss.
    Soon to come: the Bugatti GLX.
    Get a grip Volkswagen.

16. Santi

Santi Formula Junior

Mar 27, 2009
    Miami Beach
    Full Name:
    Javier Santiago
    Has anyone here driven a Veyron before? Any thoughts?? I sure would love to drive one!

17. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    how is that justified? what do they do? cant anybody service it?

18. Hugh Conway

Hugh Conway Karting

Jul 24, 2012
    47 Veyron deliveries for 2013 per today's annual report.

19. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Very well built and engineered. A bit sedan like. Smooth, fast but more like a biz jet than a sports car. I like Pagaini's a lot better.

20. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    +1

Almost like a big Audi!

:)

21. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    incredible experience to drive a bugatti. reading most of the negative comments leads me to believe the writer(s) hasnt driven the car.

amazing how far our preconceived notions bring us in life......

Napolis, when you say 'fast' that must be with some tongue-in-cheek. i found it to be violent and shocking and addictive fast. it wasnt the power even as much as the torque of the bug that thrilled me. unlike any other fast car i've ever driven.

i cannot understand how p1 is even close to veyron but apparently it is actually faster

22. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    ....really?? - with its totally overstyled and "bordello" interior?

23. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    I think that is great injustice to believe these things about Horacio Pagani's machines. At least Ferrari should be manufactured their cars in that way, for pure driving pleasure without any finacial or absurd financial targets.

IMHO i consider Horacio Pagani the new Scaglietti of his times. The quality is just amazing and he looks after his customers very well.

24. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Drive one at Speed and report back.

Very High Quality build and design.

25. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    Well, this thread has been sitting dormant for a few days - so here is a little wake-up:

Old Bugattis (I mean cars made by Ettore) - were either astoundingly beautiful, or unbelievably ugly. They were all great engineering examples.

The next NEW Bugatti offering had just better be astoundingly beautiful.