Bugatti Chiron | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Bugatti Chiron

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by Aerolithe57, Nov 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aerolithe57

Aerolithe57 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
    #201 Aerolithe57, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Christian.Fr likes this.
  2. Aerolithe57

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
  3. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    Sort of agree, it's basically a rebodied (heavier) Veyron, with the same but modified engine.

It seems VAG wants to recoup some of it's Veyron development costs.

Still it looks better than the Veyron ever did.

4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Yes, in a way it reminds me the same thing that Lamborghini did with the Reventon. A rebodied Murcielago, with different interior (not so different), a little bit lighter and with the same engine (not even modified!) and then...thinking for profit (again) and because they are people with a lot of money that doesn't know how to leverage them....they made a roadster version too...which was limited to 15 cars!

LOL

5. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The back end IMHO is horrendous. IMHO.

6. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    But on the flip side it makes for a beautiful front end when going in reverse

7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I like it, I'm in the minority perhaps but its distinctive for sure. I think it's a major improvement in all aspects from the Veyron. Friends who've seen one in person tell me that videos and pics do no justice to how striking it really is.

8. Aerolithe57

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
    Monterey Car Week 2016:
    First joint appearance of Bugatti Chiron and Vision Gran Turismo.
    Premiere for the Bugatti Chiron at The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering and at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance.
    US premiere for the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo on the concept lawn of the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. For the first time, the two vehicles are to appear together at the same event.

Molsheim, August 1, 2016.
    The curtain is raised for the ultimate duo! Bugatti is bringing two automobile highlights to this year’s Monterey Car Week in California: on Friday, August 19, 2016, the Chiron1, Bugatti’s new super sports car, is celebrating a premiere at The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering. On Sunday, August 21, 2016, the world’s most powerful, fastest, most exclusive and most luxurious production super sports car will be on show at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. For the first time, the Chiron is to appear at this event together with the Bugatti Vision Gran Turismo concept car which gave a glimpse of Bugatti’s new design language at its world premiere about a year ago. The show car of the Vision Gran Turismo is coming to the USA for the first time and will be on display on the concept lawn in Pebble Beach. Bugatti presented the Chiron to the public for the first time at this year’s Geneva International Motor Show. To date, more than 200 of these vehicles, which have a power output of 1,500 PS and are therefore the world’s most powerful production super sports cars, have been ordered. Currently, Bugatti is preparing for the start of series production at its home in Molsheim. The first vehicle is due to be delivered to a customer in the autumn. Prior to the beginning of this new chapter in its modern corporate history, Bugatti gave a successful intro with the Vision Gran Turismo last year. Exclusively for the PlayStation videogame series Gran Turismo Sport, the French super sports car brand developed a virtual concept car – firstly as a tribute to its fans throughout the world and secondly in order to provide a glimpse of Bugatti’s future form and design language, which has now been embodied in the Chiron.

9. Lone Wolf

Lone Wolf Formula 3

Oct 24, 2006
    Highway to Hell
    #209 Lone Wolf, Aug 30, 2016
    Christian.Fr likes this.
  10. Aerolithe57

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
    #210 Aerolithe57, Aug 31, 2016
    Christian.Fr likes this.
  11. Aerolithe57

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
    #211 Aerolithe57, Aug 31, 2016
    Christian.Fr likes this.
  12. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    The modern day Bugatti in its original design ethos sense is the Regera. Regera is leaps and bounds the superior car as far as pushing the design envelope. Bugatti got too caught up in top speed and retaining the title that they such to what they know instead of trying to innovate. The two cars are now direct competitors in price, performance and class (GT) so I'm very much looking forward to their comparisons. I hope Bugatti treats the new car like they did the Veyron and allow any comparison reviews.

13. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    the Regera has nowhere near the build quality/reliability of the Bugatti and is limited to 80 units.

14. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That red interior is amazing

15. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Your statement means little to nothing. You sound as if Etore's goal was to build a rolls with toyota reliability. Bugatti is not the automotive inovation leader it once was, period. Do you own or have you driven a new Egg to make such statements? Regera is leaps and bounds more advanced while Chiron is more on the exact same. That fact is not debatable.

16. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    First of all, Bugatti build quality is legendary. Secondly, they are what they are and we ALL know what they are because they are tested thoroughly by reputable sources. Bugatti has never tried to hide from a test. Koenigegg is THE #1 most hyped car brand at the moment. I've never seen an actual real test from a mag that posted in a language I could understand. I've never seen a head to head. I've never seen an actual car or met an owner. I've heard from connected friends that build quality is suspect, that the cars don't perform when pushed, that the gear boxes are ****.

Regarding the Regera, Top Gear recently tested the car and said it felt like the power was immense but that Ksegg still had a lot of work to do in gearing because the car felt lazy up to about 60 mph. Now tell me, how can a company that hasn't figured out how to gear their new hyper car for the REAL WORLD, not a computer simulation, claim something like 0-250 mph in under 20 seconds? It's bad practice because it's unrealistic. The tires alone won't allow close to that. We are still bound by the laws of physics. And the Internet just eats it up like a $250 Kobe steak.

The Chiron will beat Bugattis performance claims. The build quality will be superb. They cars won't break and if they do the customer will be treated with Bugattis well documented and exemplary service. If I had $3 million to park in a car that's where it would go because one knows exactly what they are getting. Not the case with Ksegg.

17. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Agreed. I like how they carried that semi-oval design element from the exterior to the interior...T

18. Aerolithe57

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
    great photos ... thank you

19. lsmkr01

lsmkr01 Karting

Oct 5, 2010
    VA
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    #220 lsmkr01, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
    You are speaking out of your wrong end buddy. Regera has no gears, but instead works on a controlled slip coupling. Its all brand new stuff in this performance and power category (like I said innovation leader) unlike Bugatti who is using all old stuff. Of course it will take some time to perfect but they will get there. You basing your opinion on a short review of a preproduction car is not smart. Remember first 918's reviews???? Porsche transformed the car by the time deliveries rolled around.

Build quality comes from experience and Egg is a relatively new company who has show vast improvement since their start. None of their very low volume cars were street legal in US so of course getting on for a test is hard. Gustav has his well known video of the Agera R walking a Vitesse so you doubting performance is naive. I like Bugatti a lot but its a fact they did no innovation with Chiron like the storied mark is known for. They gave you more of the same, Veyron Mk II. Performance for Regera will be there, period. Build quality will be their best efforts to date to compete with VWG who has been building cars for a lot longer. With only 80 units compared to 450 for Chiron it will be interesting to see how these cars are compared for years to come. Bugatti has everything to lose this time around because they know there is a legit challenger unlike with Veyron. They will not be open to allowing their car to be tested if they see it is slower in most practical speed measures. A higher top speed after 250 losses the luster of the fastest car to 250 as there is no place to actually experience that perceived superiority. Christian is the modern day Etore, can you seriously argue against that?

20. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'm well aware how the tech in the Regera is suppose to work. Did you read the Top Gear article?

Let me link it for you:

World exclusive drive: Koenigsegg Regera | Top Gear

The article is overwhelmingly positive, but you have to read the whole thing to understand my point regarding Ksegg. I'm a huge fan of CVK. I think the Agera RS is the best looking car available at this moment. But I am not OK with the company's outlandish performance claims. Just like I wasn't cool with Ferrari claiming 300 kph in under 15 seconds for Laferrari and falling short. 0-250 mph is NOT POSSIBLE in under 20 seconds for a rear wheel drive car with tires not made by a more advanced species. It is claims like these that make me apprehensive about the whole brand. So I'll say it again, if I had the money and I was choosing between a Regera and Chiron I'm going with the proven commodity. Let someone else pay $2 million to be a development driver.

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I really like the front. But the rest is not attractive. That front would look amazing on their 4 doors concept they had.

22. Aerolithe57

Jul 13, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Uwe
    Molsheim/Singapore, 16 September 2016.

On its world tour, the Bugatti Chiron is now visiting South-East Asia. Following its debuts in Europe and North America, the world’s most powerful, fastest, most exclusive and most luxurious production super sports car was ceremonially unveiled in Singapore today. Over the past few days, Bugatti and Wearnes Automotive, Bugatti’s dealer in South-East Asia, had presented the Chiron to customers at exclusive private appointments. The French super sports car will also be on display this weekend at the Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix. Singapore is Bugatti’s hub in South-East Asia. With the presentation of the Chiron here in Singapore, Bugatti is honouring the special importance of the South-East Asia region for the brand, said Dr. Stefan Brungs, Member of the Board of Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. for Sales, Marketing and Customer Service.
    Especially here in South-East Asia, there are a large number of super sports car collectors as well as Bugatti owners and brand ambassadors. Here, people show fantastic levels of appreciation and passion for groundbreaking performance and exclusive brilliance as well as enthusiasm for the Chiron. For us, it is a special pleasure to celebrate the premiere of the Chiron in South-East Asia with our highly esteemed customers and loyal fans who follow the Bugatti brand with such passion. In Wearnes Automotive, we have a partner with the capabilities, the network and the passion we need to bring our business in South-Asia forward,” Brungs added. Wearnes Automotive has been the official dealer of Bugatti South-East Asia since 2006. The two partners recently agreed to continue this cooperation. Pang Cheong Yan, Managing Director of the Prestige Division of Wearnes Automotive Pte Ltd, said: Having officially renewed our dealership appointment with Bugatti, we are thrilled that the Bugatti Chiron has made its way to Singapore. It is truly the world’s most powerful, fastest, most luxurious and most exclusive production super sports car, and we are honoured to showcase the actual car for the very first time in Asia to an exclusive group of customers and guests here.
    For this special occasion, Bugatti and Wearnes Automotive have created a stylish and elegant Bugatti world in Singapore. In an ambience of Bugatti blue, not only the Chiron finds the perfect scenery. The presentation also focuses on exhibits and animations highlighting the extraordinary technical achievements and the elegant and aggressive design of the super sports car as well as the history of the brand. This weekend, which will probably be the most eventful weekend in the Singapore calendar this year, the Chiron will be on show to fans and potential customers in the renowned Amber Lounge at the Singapore F1 Grand Prix. After that, the super sports car will be on display for a short time at the Bugatti Singapore showroom.
    Dealer’s address:
    Bugatti Singapore
    Wearnes Square
    45 Leng Kee Road, Level 2
    Singapore 159103

About Bugatti:
    Bugatti Automobiles S.A.S. is the manufacturer of the world’s most powerful, fastest, most exclusive and most luxurious production super sports car. Since it was established in 1909, the French luxury brand has had its headquarters at Molsheim, Alsace, where 450 Veyrons were produced from 2005 to 2015 and the new Chiron, which is to appear in a series limited to 500 cars, is to be hand-crafted from the autumn of 2016. With a power output of 1,500 HP, unprecedented for production vehicles, an exceptionally high torque value of 1,600 Nm between 2,000 and 6,000 rpm and a wide variety of technical innovations, the Chiron sets new standards in every respect. More than 200 customers have already ordered their Chiron.
    The brand, which has been part of the Volkswagen Group since 1998, employs almost 300 people. With 33 dealers and service partners in 17 countries in Europe, North America and the Middle and Far East, Bugatti is now a global player.

23. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #224 Traveller, Sep 18, 2016
    Saw my first one today, in London naturally and on Arab plates. Very impressed, having not been so with its predecessor. Much more attack and strength to it and the fit and finish was perfect, as you would expect. Made Ferrari paintwork look like it was applied with a brush.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #225 Traveller, Sep 18, 2016