Bring WETPET Back Thread! | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Bring WETPET Back Thread!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by mesoscale, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KKRace

KKRace Formula 3

Aug 6, 2007
    Rockville/Olney MD
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    A classic example of a un-deserved banning. I couln't believe it when you guys got banned for that one.

2. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    In the infantry officer basic course they taught us that one of the most things to do in deciding whether to begin a fight is to count up sides.

So far there have been 37 of the 65,000 F Chat participants supporting Wetpet in this thread.

3. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    #103 ALPO, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks KKRacer.

Mr. Bayer, I had to post this...

BUT it's the 37 0f 64,999 subscribers who count (Beast didn't renew because of the Pet ban = 64,999)

There are now 543 posts on two combined threads on this topic.

Restrict THE PET to the Bad Boyz postings section of FCHAT and make him wear a dunce cap or suitable accouterment.

We need PETA to intercede.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. michael bayer

michael bayer Formula 3

Aug 4, 2004
    True but, those 548 posts are all from the same (37 + or -) guys.

5. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    #105 ALPO, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    My point exactly. The 37 who matter (and truly care about our fellow Tifosi Wetpet)!

I am sure there are many out-of-region who would want Wetpet back as well, but maybe in a restricted section for Bad Boyz-- where you Enter at Your Own Risk. Granted his pissed off a few people, is an oulwaw in many ways, but he should not receive the death penalty.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    what is it they say about a vocal...

oh never mind, its Friday, I can't remember. ;)

7. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

You may have 37 different guys posting, but they ain't all on this particular bandwagon.

DM

8. VGM911

VGM911 Formula 3

Apr 8, 2007
    New Jersey
    #108 VGM911, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2009
    Thirty-seven people making the case over and over again? Tiring and ineffective.

Each of the 37 presenting one, coherent, persuasive argument? A good idea.

Most of the repetitive posts have added little to the argument as the same point is made over, and over, and over again. Well, they do create some drama, I guess.

From my days as a kid (a long time ago) and a parent (still am), I learned that a common technique for kids to get their way is to ask their parents over and over again for whatever it is they want. This "pestering" paid off if parents got tired of hearing their kids nag them. This thread reminds me of that.

How I stand on the matter of Wetpet being reinstated doesn't matter; however, what matters to me is that the mods made a decision and are sticking to it. I like that. Bravo.

9. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    I think Ed is probably sitting back like the proverbial canary just knowing that band width and personal time of those moderators involved are being spent on this discussion. Nothing could be more satisfying knowing that he is disrupting the lives of those who voted him out by not doing anything at all presently. Quite the coup de gras if you think about it. You go Ed. He got you guys in the end, and you do not even know it. Brilliant

10. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    Who are you, and what have you done w/Rob Lay? LOL

11. redtrman

redtrman Formula 3
    BANNED

May 16, 2008
    VA - Heart in Pitt
    Full Name:
    Jason Bourne
    Redtrman made a couple of trips to Southlake and found that Rob and he have lots in common. Who is this man? :)

12. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Yup, it's chewing up almost a kb of memory and almost a minute of our time. :D

13. fou

fou Formula 3

Feb 1, 2007
    Central Virginia
    Full Name:
    Call me the breeze
    The mere fact that you took the time to read, comprehend, think and then respond rather than something to better yourself is just another little feather in Ed's hat. Just saying...so please don't ban me now :)

And any wasted time for a response to my remarks makes me win. ;)

14. toggie

toggie F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Toggie (Ron)
    #114 toggie, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Ha! Excellent tactic! But, sadly, not good enough.

Please note: Big difference;

That handsome devil, Ed, was not banned.

That onscreen persona, wetpet... was.

I win again!

16. BillP00

BillP00 Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 23, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I think Ed's shirt says it all!!!

Bill

17. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just shows how much we truly do care on our end. If someone is taking advantage of that, then we're disappointed, but more proof to our prior conclusions.

In the 9 years of FerrariChat I’ve found the people with thousands of posts are devastated when they can’t participate anymore. They try to put a face on, but in the end they can only beg on their few buddies to put up a false front.

Again, it is Friday, what do I know. :D

18. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

So, anyone besides me already been out for a drive in their Ferrari this morning?

Yup, met the guys for some cars and coffee action this AM. There were a half dozen of us, we had a great time. One of the guys had the new R8...

Oops, wrong forum. I mistook this one for a forum about car guys driving cars, having a good time.

I'll slink away quietly now... :D

DM

19. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    That is funny Dave. Ed, is one of the guys around here that would set up such an event as C&C but since he can't communicate with us, NO I HAVEN'T BEEN OUT IN MY FERRARI THIS MORNING! Lucky you!

20. THE BEAST 360

THE BEAST 360 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nathan K
    BTW, Ed and I haven't talked in weeks, so I'm not writing this because he asked me to.

21. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm guessing you don't remember me, we met briefly at Jon's dyno day last year, organized to raise money for the Boys and Girls clubs?

Lots of us organize car events, casual get together days, or whatever.

But we don't attack other members here, and we don't step over the line. None of us, save Ed, insults a member here who has a son with autism by suggesting autism is make believe. None of us attack other members here by telling them they must have been ass raped by their father. And we don't post racially charged material in a thread started by a black member.

You know, I'm really tired of hearing about what a great guy Ed is. That he's just misunderstood, doesn't mean anything by what he posts, or that we as moderators are just "picking on him." Do a search, read his posts. Look at what he says. He's not funny, and he doesn't belong here.

Let me just repeat this in case you missed it. "I'm not the problem here."

DM

22. ALPO

ALPO Formula 3

May 13, 2005
    Annapolis area
    Full Name:
    alpo
    Ed did not know the guy had a kid w/autism - not sure if he being a smartass or just a dumb post. His wife had dedicated her life to working w/autistic kids.

The guy who got the ass-rape comment cast the first stone, the Pet was just striking back. Maybe Pet should have contacted a Mod and complained, but he didn't. Not in his DNA. Pet fights his own battles, doen't need to hide behind mom's skirt.

And no, Ed has not talked to us to 'defend' him or his actions by posting to this thread.

What he does do for us is (1) organizes fun events and (2) provides cheap entertainment with his posts and pictures.

To know him is to love him.

Please give him a reprive - one last chance.

Hell, Scotland (UK) just released the Pan Am Lockerbie terrorist bomber.
    Pet never killed anyone.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    DFW coffee event too, only 60 miles total on the 328, I prefer to get up in the 3 digits, oh well. Good showing California, 430, 360 CS, 355, 328's, 512 M, Rolls Royce, Aston Martin, and we had a R8 too!

24. dm_n_stuff

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Either way, if his wife works with autistic kids doesn't that tell you something???????

Did that guy suggest he had sex with animals? Or sex at all? And despite that, does it require that kind of comment?

Oh, I'm gonna have to call BS on that one. He's called in the mods once or twice, maybe thrice.

Then how about we ALL stop talkin' about it?

Not everyone (not just Mid Atlantic, but Fchat) would agree with you.

Wow, now we're putting Ed in the room with a terrorist. He's not exactly a winner, but he's no mad bomber.

DM

25. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    MAR isn't my region, so I've been staying out of this discussion; though P&R was another Wetpet haunt and that does fall under my bailiwick. However, I noticed the request above and thought it deserved examination. The above acknowledges that there is such a thing as a "last" chance; the question is when was or should that last chance be given?

There are very few users who have gotten as much moderator attention as has Wetpet as usually that attention results in a user being gone after 2-3 bans. Here, we're basically quibbling about whether someone deserves 8+ last chances or 9+ last chances (yes, that's the count, at least 8 bans by at least 4 separate moderators over the course of 2.5 years are documented). He's been given plenty of chances to clean up his act and, at this point, there is no reason to believe that another chance will change Wetpet's attitude because his PM's and posts express clearly that he has no interest in doing so. That's fine, he has the right to say or do what he wants ... elsewhere.