BRIATORE Summoned Before the FIA World Council | Page 4 | FerrariChat

BRIATORE Summoned Before the FIA World Council

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Sep 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tiger Racing

Tiger Racing Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    If there'd been a wall there, he would have braked earlier.

C.

2. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    well DUH...and he wouldn't have been able to pass! he braked too late for that corner..that's why he got past, obviously.

3. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Two engine failures for Fisichella in testing

Following championship leader Fernando Alonso's engine failure at Monza, Renault is still concerned about the reliability of the latest 'D' specification, according to reports in Spain.

The newspaper AS revealed that Alonso's current team-mate, Giancarlo Fisichella, experienced no less than two similar smoky V8 failures at the Jerez test last Thursday.

"The first (was) at noon and the second at two o'clock," the newspaper article read, adding that engineers had to impose a rev limit to prevent the problem from occurring again.

Renault would not confirm the engine drama, only admitting officially that Fisichella's day had been delayed because of unspecified 'mechanical problems'.

Fisichella told AS: "(The failed engines were) the same specification that Fernando used in Italy."

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

4. AVMotorsport

AVMotorsport Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    That was with broken aero pieces due to a previous tire failure, resulting in 4% less downforce. Fisi qualified, what, 9th? With a completely intact car. That speaks a lot for FA. JMO.

5. AVMotorsport

AVMotorsport Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    Hmmm...I thought the race was decided the day before, during and immediately after qualifying.

I thought Michelin sucked the biggest time ever in the history of F1, to allow what had happened at Indy, happen. Alonso is a great driver, one of the best, IMO. But he is after all, the youngest WDC, and while he is extremely mature when it comes to driving, his real age betrays him when pressured off the track.

I agree. He definitely adds color to the sport. Other than red, I mean. <VBG>

6. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    The FIA world council met this week, no fines or penalties were given to Briatore, as he had immediately shown remorse for his previous comments. "He was only kidding".

7. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I never liked that pompous council. They made Senna fly over to apologize and had others show up there as well (I remember Schumacher and Todt).

They rarely do anything big, but just swing their weight around. What's wrong with blowing a whistle or using criticism?

8. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Max Mosley has confirmed reports that no action would be taken over Renault boss Flavio Briatore's outburst at Monza.

An FIA spokesman last week explained that a disrepute charge was 'not probable', despite Briatore's vitriolic attack about the questionable impartiality of stewards.

Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper claimed that a penalty could have topped (US) $2.8 million.

But the FIA President, also referring to Fernando Alonso's similarly critical comments, was quoted as saying by the tabloid: "Both let their emotions get to them."

Source GMM
    CAPSIS International

Hey Flavio and Alonso... head over to NASCRAP... they love Drama Mamas there! :)

9. racerx3317

racerx3317 F1 Veteran

Oct 17, 2004
    New York, NY
    Full Name:
    Luis
    If i rememeber right Senna really didn't even apologise, he worded the statement so that it wasn't a direct apology, lol