BRIATORE Summoned Before the FIA World Council | Page 3 | FerrariChat

BRIATORE Summoned Before the FIA World Council

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Sep 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    you are 100% right.

it is a business funded by the fans.

if the business model changes from a motorsport to a contrived presentation...ala WWF, the motorsport fans will leave, and the business will fail.

which is why the governing body should be accountable to the BOSS, the fans. If they think they are above that, the business will fail. Lose touch with your customers, lose your business.

if they are trying to run the business to make it interesting, make it entertaining... call it what it is, a staged event, not a race.

Personally I think its friggin funny. F1 racing has become such a joke that the one car being within 100 yards of another is considered "blocking".

baahahahahahhahaaaaa......

2. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    We've also seen him dominating a race only to blow up as well.

Mark

3. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    MS didn't blow up in Monte Carlo when he started from the back...

I keep telling all you people to watch MotoGP if you want to see real racing. They actually pass each other on the track as opposed to timing their pit stops.

4. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Every other major sport, NFL, NBA, MLB, etc... has rules that forbid participants to question the integrity of the sport. It's like having the vice president of a company publicly saying the CEO is trying to screw everyone it simply cannot happen.

The fans and public and question can complain all they want, it's their perogative to do so. I just think when someone as high up as Flavio starts saying things like this it really gives F1 a negative image, which is not good for business.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    don't forget monaco. that alonso fella is just lucky to move to tenth, not behind.

6. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, its all just sour grapes. MS and Ferrari nvr complained and moaned when MS was sent to the BACK OF THE GRID AT MONACO. FA's just pretty lucky he went to tenth spot.

7. pj911

pj911 Karting

Jun 10, 2005
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Again, let us not forget - Suppose FA never received the 'questionable' penalty and started from fifth, but was given a drive through penalty for gaining a position by straight lining the chicane. He would have been in a lot worse position had he been given the later penalty (which was not questionable). What would be the excuse then??

8. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    By whom???? The FIA or Flavio?

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Maybe, but if Alonso would have started where he qualified in 5th, he would not had to push the car so hard and the engine may not have blown? ...the other Renault didn't have a problem...and with Ferrari's reputation who knows whether someone tampered with Alonso's engine late Saturday night...while not likely, I wouldn't put it past those cheating folks at Ferrari...

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Alonso was already ahead in the corner braking zone...he did not gain an extra position...

11. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    At least the head cheat announced his retirement...at least next year with Massa and Kimi maybe I can start back pulling for Ferrari to win!

12. pj911

pj911 Karting

Jun 10, 2005
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    PJ

That is without question a violation (even SPEED comentators agreed when they saw the replay). The only reason he was ahead at the turn in to the chicane was he didn't brake! Shoot, even I could pass those guys under braking if I didn't have to brake to make the corner. Since the pass was under braking to the corner that he was unable to make - it is a violation!

13. imperial83

imperial83 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2004
    Flavio and Renault have missed out on growing up!

Flavio, there is a time and a place for everything. People with class and self dignity understand that actions speak louder than empty words.

If you have to prove something, do it through legal channels.

If you don't like the sport and think the legal channels are and will always be against you, LEAVE!

14. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Today, both Renault and Briatore have stated that they are content with the way the FIA is running F1.

Called 180 degrees.

15. ttgangsta

ttgangsta Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    The race was decided when Alonso's engine blew end of story. You really think there would be less stress on his engien if he was chasing schumy? Oh yeah I'm sure his car would have sustained much less abuse...please.

Alonso is a a pretty driver yes, but he is really being a pansy. Every driver in F1 has been screwed including schumy, hill, senna they all have. In fact I challenge you to find anyone at the pinicle of their sport that hasnt gotten horrible calls. Alonso should just be happy Bridgestone sucked last year and take his championship and run.

Honestley Flavio is the man. So what he made a comment or two, I respect him for it even though I'm tifosi through and through. Flavio will probably get some under the table payment, or at least he should, he is the michael schumacher of formula 1 team adminestration. What I mean by that is he is the ultimate team manager playboy that helps ratings. He took a crappy team and turned it around and they won the WCC. Flavio is the best interviewer in the sport if you ask me. I mean seriously he is the type of guy that helps ratings not hurts them. This FIA meeting is all smoke and mirrors if you ask me.

16. GTSguy

GTSguy Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Right you are!

17. GTSguy

GTSguy Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Doesn't anybody wonder if the reason the car blew was beacause Alonzo pushed it was too hard pulling out of the last pit stop?

18. GTSguy

GTSguy Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    No - the problem is the use of local stewards. They are too biased. Alonzo would not have been penelized for blocking if this had happened anywhere else.

19. GTSguy

GTSguy Formula Junior

Oct 25, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Ha - why should they complain? Michael really screwed up.

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Why do the local stewards have the ability to enforce the FIA rules? Why can't the FIA-FOM hire people to do this and travel to every event to keep consistency? Billions of dollars are already spent annually so I don't see this costing that much in the grand scheme of things.

21. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Huh? Pushing equipment hard is what F1 is all about.

Even when his engine was running, and before he was penalized (which was a joke), he only managed fifth in qualifying.....

22. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    You mean when he drag raced Kubica??

23. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    Yea, 60 mph must have put a huge strain on that engine....

As soon as they hit the line they floor it plain and simple....had he not been coming out of the pit he would have had the same acceleration out of the last corner and then been full throttle for an eternity causing way more strain on the engine.

24. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    he was ahead, but he couldn't stop in time...that's why! if there had been a wall there instead, he'd have crashed

25. ttgangsta

ttgangsta Karting

Oct 20, 2004
    I disagree he could have easily turned the revs way up to pass kubica before turn 1, with that being said, it was his gamble and he lost too bad.