BRIATORE Summoned Before the FIA World Council | Page 2 | FerrariChat

BRIATORE Summoned Before the FIA World Council

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by RP, Sep 10, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sindo308qv

sindo308qv F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    miami.fl.
    Full Name:
    sindo
    What goes around comes around, if you believe the FIA " fixed" things. So now it's coming around to Renault.If you go by all the previous replies,then
    Alonso's championship win is hollow and not deserved or earned, since the rules were stacked against Ferrari last year. But no one complained because it broke the monotony of Ferrari/Michael winning all thew time. Funny how
    quick everyone forgets who brought the Ferrari team to where it is today.
    Michael could have taken the easy route and gone to a top team instead of Ferrari back in '96. Senna, Fangio all went to top teams to win thier championships. i did'nt hear Renault complain last year.

2. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    The penality was ridicolous,but briatore was not concerned when in the end of 1994,in Australia, MS as made an unacceptable move against Hill wining the championship for Benetton.

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks man. When Max changes things around it is either for safety, costs, entertainment or sports reasons. If I had his job, I'd leave safety alone (good enough for now), wouldn't care about costs (hey, it is F1, if you can't afford it, race GP2) and would focus on the entertainment and sport aspects:

To bring back the sport I'd
    - ban all aeros (flat underbody, no front and rear wings, no winglets etc)
    - ban all driver aids, decouple the engine/tranny from any electronic connections to the cockpit (read manual gearboxes, no fly by wire, rods for brakes and throttle)
    - bring back slicks (but maintain only one manufacturer)
    - allow engine/tire/fuel changes at will
    - allow team orders (you can't control them anyway)
    - restrict engine design only by volume (not by cylinders, technology (rotary allowed)

Most of that would probably be accepted, but then I'd strike for the entertainment and

- introduce reversed grid (instead of qualifying the cars start in reverse order from their championship points)

...at which point I'd get eliminated in a coup d'etat.
    :)

4. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    And that would be a series that is fun to watch!

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    I'd rather have Andreas instead of Max as well, but who would moderate this board? J/K. I think the stewards decision was comical, I don't care if it was reversed and had been Fisichella and Schumacher. Another reason I can't stand that little **** Massa, I can't wait for Kimi to blow him away.

6. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't understand the rules for decreasing speeds for safety. They're talking about reducing speeds by literally 10mph or something close to that. Will that really make that much of a difference? Will hitting a wall at 220mph hurt more than 200mph?

I'm all for safety in the form of new, softer, wall barriers, HANS, crumple zones, etc, but lowering speeds will not do much imo when the cars still go at nearly the same speeds.

I like Tifosi12's list, but I think the volume displacement part will really raise costs. It makes it very expensive for teams to experiment different designs all the time. If one team goes a certain route that turns out successful (i.e. Honda turbo), than everyone will have to spend money to make the same.

I'd definitely like to see manual transmission and less electronics (but not all gone). I wouldn't mind seeing the turbo engines coming back. Maybe with 3L engines, they could break over 2,000 hp? :)

7. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    Fernando Alonso, Renault (DNF):
    “There is not too much to say on a day like this. When you start from tenth, you have to push everything to the limit - yourself, the car, the tyres and the engine. I was going to easily finish on the podium today, and we showed that without the penalty, the car had the pace to fight for the victory. Michelin have shown a great response with the tyres for this race, and I am not worried about the title. We have three rounds to go, and we will be getting stronger and stronger with new developments for the car, the tyres and the engine. But the verdict on this weekend is simple: the race was decided off the track on Saturday afternoon.”

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Simple , the FIA is just another unpredictable element as weather or Sato !

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Yeah but we'd get to see a few of your races and what races they would be!

10. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Oh come on. How many times in the past has Ron Dennis mouthed off without getting a Big Brother hearing?

Sounds like the accusations are touching a nerve, this time.

11. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

well said.

joseph

12. Tiger Racing

Tiger Racing Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Then Formula 1 is no longer the pinnacle of automotive technology.

C.

13. Tiger Racing

Tiger Racing Karting

Jun 23, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    How long do you think you would keep your job if you went around very publically stating what an ass you think your boss is? Would you put up with employees and associates who made such statements about you or your organization?

SCCA Pro Racing has a rule that applies here.

I would assume that this is the sort of thing that the FIA is concerned with.

C.

14. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Agreed

"When you start from tenth, you have to push everything to the limit - yourself, the car, the tyres and the engine. But the verdict on this weekend is simple: the race was decided off the track on Saturday afternoon.”

15. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Come on Andrew, stop picking on Sato, he hasn't done anything too bad this season...

16. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter

if it was close enough to give a tow, then it was close enough to cause turbulence. it's quite obvious. remember the rule applies whether it's intentional or not.

17. 328gtsfan

328gtsfan Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2004
    Aus
    Full Name:
    Greg
    It is governed by rules as to what is allowed etc, so it isn't the pinnacle now.
    That would have to be some unlimited class... high costs.. few participants etc...

18. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    It seems that Flavio is now saying he was only joking. Really, that is what he is now saying.

19. pj911

pj911 Karting

Jun 10, 2005
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    PJ
    Why is it when MS straight lined a chicane last month in Hungary, he was a 'cheat' and Formula 1 is fixed to let Ferrari win. Now FA blatantly advances a position by doing the same and ......nothing?? Everyone seems pretty quiet about the issue. Oh never mind that......let's talk about that bogus penalty....CONSPIRACY, CONSPIRACY, CONSPIRACY!!!!

20. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    why not?

when you see something as outragious as what happened, why cant you question it?

I did, damn near everyone who saw it did... why shouldnt the Boss from the team affectecd by it be able to question it?

do it publicly, hell paint it on the side of your car.

Ya know what the response should be? An explaination as to why/how the penalty was assesed. in public from the stewards.

Ya know what makes the cockroaches scurry? The light of day.

Behind closed doors? Screw that. The fans pay for the sport. The sport does not belong to the constructors, to Bernie, the team bosses, the drivers... it belongs to the fans, because if they dont show up or watch F1 is nothing.

If the fans question it, it deserves a PUBLIC answer.

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    This is a business, not a democracy.

22. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Very good point, how quickly he forgets.

23. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    "When you start from tenth, you have to push everything to the limit - yourself, the car, the tyres and the engine. But the verdict on this weekend is simple: the race was decided off the track on Saturday afternoon.”

The only thing decided on Saturday afternoon was the starting grid. On Sunday the faster car that lasted all the way to the last lap won. A few months back in Monte Carlo, Michael started at the back and worked his way to the best possible position and brought the car home to a placed finish. Alonso could have done the same today, finishing high enough to probably still take the year, but he didn't....end of story. Whether the penalty was accurate, too high, too low....doesn't matter, when the red light goes out, you must drive as quickly as possible to finish as highly as possible in the points, the real tricks is that to fiish first you must first finish. Alonso didn't so anything that happended on Friday or Saturday is on no importance to the outcome of the race. If he had started in first, second, third or fourth and drove the car as it should be driven, the car would most likely have broke, if he broke the car, as he has alluded to, then he did not do his job. Either he failed his team, or the team failed him, either way he did not finish and for him to say what he says, show a little immaturity, which I believe will come with time. I think with the right team Alonso will be WC again, perhaps in a few years with Ferrari.

Of course just my 2 cents, and while I am on it, I will miss MS driving for Ferrari but first and formost I am a Ferrari fan, not a MS fan. I will always support whoever drives for Ferrari.

JP

24. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando

The only possible thing is, when you get put back, you have to push harder to get to the front. How many times have we seen Kimi have to start in the rear after changing a motor, move up into the top 5, and then blow up ?

25. jpl

jpl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Yulee Florida
    Full Name:
    JP Lavigne
    And how many times has a great racer come from the back to score vaulable points and take the championship, a few I am sure. The championship is 18 races, not one, there is lots of luck with every champion, some good, some bad and help comes from lots of places. At the end of the day, if you score the most points you go home with the trophy. Doing it twice or three times in your lifetime usually means you are something special.

I was never a Senna or Prost fan, but they were special.