BREAKING: George Russell will drive for Mercedes in place of Lewis Hamilton. | Page 6 | FerrariChat

BREAKING: George Russell will drive for Mercedes in place of Lewis Hamilton.

Discussion in 'F1' started by WilyB, Dec 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    There was some interesting video of Hamilton after Grosjean's crash...in the waiting period before they got back in their cars. He is just sitting there, looking into space and thinking. My first thought was that he was considering retiring. That the crash effected him, maybe more than even he expected. And maybe I'm wrong. But I wonder if Hamilton will be back for the last race. Maybe it isn't COVID, but CRASHVID. And I wonder if Mercedes sees that they don't really need Hamilton and his $50 million dollar price tag. I don't see Hamilton racing with them for less. Maybe Mercedes is looking for a way out of F1 as well. They run next season with Russell and Bottas, and then it is over.

blkfxstc and jpalmito like this.
  2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    He looked pretty shaken up when Anthoine Hubert crashed as well.

3. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Look at how close Russell was to Bottas in Qualy...0.026s from Bottas pole.

unfamiliar machinery, compromised toe and seat fitment & Russell still came that close to pole?!

Wingman bottas proving my point...

4. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

I mean again Hamilton is an all time great... but the GOAT?
    Not when you have such a great car. Not to ME at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ingegnere, 375+, Bas and 3 others like this.
  5. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LH has the skill and consistency to take a winning car and win. Unlike Vettel and others. Year after year. The car does not drive itself. Russell has not shown that over time yet. If LH did not do this year after year in such a refined car then what. It is not his fault Mercedes engineered such a car. It is common knowledge it is 80-90% car. The level of performance LH shows is not at all common. That is the difference. His race in Turkey was amazing. Hardly a loud supporter of LH am I.

vinuneuro likes this.
  6. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

He is consistent, he is great but when challenged he is far from invincible see button, rosberg.
    It is not his fault he has a great car, not his fault mercedes put bottas next to him... but i wish he had real competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpalmito likes this.
  7. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Lol every thread in F1 turns into a Hamilton GOAT debate. I may start instigating them it sounds fun.

8. johnireland

johnireland F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 19, 2017
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    John A Ireland
    The difference is the fire. I would venture that fire has, is, and always will be a racing drivers greatest fear. Without fire, everything slows down...you can be given medical attention while you are still in the car, drivers have suffered horrible injuries and survived. With fire, your life expectancy is measure in just seconds. Seeing Grosjean walking in the pits with his wife, if I were him I'd be giving a lot of thought about how else to spend his future.