Breakfast Meet in Wichita | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Breakfast Meet in Wichita

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Johnny Rockit, Jun 14, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    More car than I can "safely" handle. No wonder a course is included in the purchase. Hows the bull hunting coming along? Are you coming down for the show?

2. deon.smith

deon.smith Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    #52 deon.smith, Jul 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Brian,

Am I missing a show?. We just lucked out on a bull last week for $60,585. I wish I did bid on it as all the maintenace records showed the right things done to it.

See you this Saturday?.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Automobilia is that same saturday. 60k for a diablo, wow!

4. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Yes I will be there have to see your new ride.

5. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    I always miss out on the good deals. Hopefully one of these days everything will come together for me.

6. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Yea Scott I have a feeling I'll be there myself to see that hot ZR1 to, the Vette lover that I am!! Maybe I can give you the Robert course on how to drive a ZR1 for free!! LOL!!

7. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yeah, we "vette" lovers need to support one another....... no one else does!

8. Axtellboy

Axtellboy Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 15, 2006
    Wichita, Kansas
    Full Name:
    Allen
    A couple of things-

1. Especially for any of you coming from out of town, remember that the breakfast on Saturday morning is at The Good Egg, NOT Eggcetera where we met before. The Good Egg is located at 21st and Rock Road in northeast Wichita.

2. The Automobila Moonlight car show starts at 6:00 PM, but the "gates" open at 4:00, and if the weather is OK, cars will line up on South Emporia Street (south of Douglas) well before 4:00 in order to get the best (i.e., shaded) spots. In past years, I've been there at 3:00, and I was pretty far back in line even then, and it's nearly impossible for early-arrivers to "save" shaded spaces. If any of you are planning to attend the show, we can talk more about timing at the breakfast. If any of you plan to attend the show but not breakfast, please post here, and we'll coordinate where to meet. The entry fee is $25. I've already signed up, but you can "pay at the gate." I'll PM my cell phone number to all of you "regulars."

9. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Is everyone still on for tomorrow?

10. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    I am probably not going to make it. Walked 18 holes on the golf course this afternoon in 103 degree weather (dumb move I know). I do not feel too well this evening but will see what the morning holds.

11. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Deon, that what golf carts are for. LOL! I hope you feel better.

12. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Well that stinks, sure hope you feel better and can make it. I got mine all cleaned up and ready for another bug bath.

Allen, I will be just doing the breakfast only so if you want, so far Randy and I will be heading that way together, we will call you when we get closer to Wichita.

13. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Scott,

Walking and playing the course is part of my workout regimen. Too many of the guys around me are suffering from some cardiac problems. But doing it in this weather is not so wise, I try and prevent a heart attcack by killing myself with heatstroke.....duh.

Thanks for the kind wishes.

Deon.

14. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Well I hope you get feeling better and hope you can make it.

15. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    So far they are calling for a severe thunderstorm in the afternoon tomorrow and it is raining there in Wichita now.

16. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Cesation of smoking will help..... I figured if I did'nt tell you about that I would'nt be doing my job too! Take care my friend and there are far more enjoyable ways of creating smoke, albeit pirellis are getting a bit expensive but so are cigarettes!

17. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    We'll see what the weathers like in the morning..... the car show should be a good one in the afternoon. Its pretty well attended by lots of clubs.

18. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    Very nice car Scott I think Robert had I big smile all the way home after the ride you gave him. Its going to be really hard to come see everyone now that I dont have a car that I enjoy. All I can say is I need a LAMBO,LAMBO,LAMBO.

19. corvetteman39

corvetteman39 Karting

Feb 16, 2009
    Bartlesville, OK
    Full Name:
    Robert Bean
    Scott, Randy isn't kidding, I'm still in heaven!! I had alot of fun today, it was great to see everyone again! John wished we got to say bye to ya but you disappered on us! LOL!! We were busy talking like car guys do. Darrel and Allen always a pleasure and was nice to meet the new guys today, sorry I'm bad with remembering names. LOL!

Again Scott thanks so much for the ride I can't say it enough, I don't think you know what it means to a true Corvette freak to ride in a new ZR1, That is one very impressive ride you bought, well worth the money......I will post up my pics tomorrow for all to see.

Regards,

Robert

20. deon.smith

Jan 23, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Scott,

Point is very well taken. (It is on my agenda). Just wished Pirelli smoke was as addictive as my bad habit. Please keep hammering me on this!.

21. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Anytime my friend. I've seen how it ends a million times and I've never heard a patient say I wish I had more time to spend smoking. We missed you on our little drive... I know there will be lots more down the line.... take care and I hope you feel better.

Robert, it was a blast for me too! You know "us" vette guys need to stick together! Randy, keep looking and I'll be on the look out for a lambo for you too! It was great to see everyone as well... till the next time.

22. countlamb

countlamb Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2008
    Cherryvale Kansas
    Full Name:
    Randy Raetz
    I had a great time seeing everyone again. Hopefully next time Deon and Brian will be able to make it

23. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    Looks like you all had a great time. VERY nice car Scott. A ride is certainly in order I hope.

Brian

24. speedypinoy

speedypinoy Karting

Oct 18, 2006
    Wichita
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Anytime! It was a very close call between the gallardo sl and the vette..... the italian will just have to wait just a little longer. Again, my condolensces Brian.