Brazilian GP***SPOILER****!!!!! | Page 40 | FerrariChat

Brazilian GP***SPOILER****!!!!!

Discussion in 'F1' started by classic308, Oct 21, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Based on some FerrariChat members confusing logic, every single F1 driver on the grid will eventually win the WDC. Why?, because they will have improved and ofcourse they can continue to improve ... just like Massa is and apparently will.

Somebody should tell that to Patrese (spelling?) as he at one point had raced in more F1 races than anybody else ... bugger, he never should have retired, he hadn't found his peak; he was still improving ... and if he had kept racing he would eventually finish a race before he started it!!! :D :D

Yes Massa has improved but he will (or already has) reach his personal limit. IMO, yes he could win a WDC BUT no team is going to build a WDC effort solely around him because he is not a star. He is a very solid and reliable number 2 for the best F1 team.
    Pete

2. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    great point Tom, I've watched the race many times and always 'finnish' with a smile :)

all this supposition is a load of rubbish by no-one who has won a WDC themselves and they're telling everyone why such and such is better or hopeless.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Evening John :).

Just as rediculous as all the "chatters" that also have never won a WDC saying Massa will. And heck if I cannot continue to be a qualified armchair motorsport critic, well damn ... life has suddenly become so hollow :D

Nobody knows, but we do know that the number 1 driver in the Ferrari team has a much better chance, the other driver unfortunately gets sacrificed. Massa is Ferrari's number 2 driver, thus if he really wants a WDC he needs to leave Ferrari.

And as others have reminded me (recently infact ;)), this is FerrariCHAT ... thus we are chatting. As long as you remember it's all good fun then it's alright and I am impressed that there has been little if not no name calling ... yet :D :D
    Pete

4. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe
    Stick to the variables at hand. Massa's last name != Barrichello.

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Actually I rate RB higher than Massa ...

Oops did I say that out load, now I'm logging off :D
    Pete

6. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Pete,

I'm flabberghasted it has been as civil as it has been considering the battlelines have been drawn on Kimi and Felipe .... I could care less so long as one of them win the WDC. Kimi/Felipe, flip a coin so long as the Horse crosses the line first :)

I can't wait for the official DVD to come out with this years races , always a top 10 DVD in our household ... I'm still watching 2000-2004 DVDs of the F1, after 21 years it's nice to see red dominating

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

LH REGULARLY beat other driver's while in a Mclaren. I can help here,if one regularly drives either Ferrari or Mclaren ,said driver, basically no matter who he is, should do well. Now thats settled. :)

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Next year Rubens will surpass Patrese's all time record in races "participated" (using a euphemism here). So given that a driver can improve considerably I think it is highly likely Rubens will win the WDC next year. Although it will be a tough battle to the end against Massa. I'm sure Sutil will take 3rd in the championship.

PS: I love this thread.

9. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I rank Rubens much higher than I do Massa. Rubens was impressive on both the Jordan and the Stewart and was unlucky not to win in either of those cars. Massa, on the other hand, could not have been less impressive in the Sauber.

Rubens is a very strong driver and in Michael's absence could arguably have competed for the WDC. Admittedly he too was the beneficiary of a superior car but he made better use of it than Massa has thus far.

For the record, Massa's average lap time differential to Schumacher was larger than Rubens'. in fact no teammate was ever closer to Schumacher's lap times than Rubens.

10. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Your last sentence is quite an interesting point! Very. I think Rubens has some good racing left in him. If only he had the car.

11. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I think Rubens best days are behind him, he doesn't seem to drive with the same enthusiasm that he had in the past.