Brazil qualifying (spoilers etc) | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Brazil qualifying (spoilers etc)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Bas, Nov 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    HA LOL very good Pete...Thanks Mate ...:D

2. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Things can happen if you are just sitting there minding your own business at the start as well, because people try to overtake and things can get crazy. Anybody behind him could ram into him. It just is not advantageous to be mid pack. Happy birthday Krafty.

I wonder if they will start under a safety car? That would make things a lot safer.

3. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Could? Yer gettin old mate.;)

4. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Thanks..
    Very true, I can't make my mind up really what would have been best for him, even if he loses it, he won't have lost any of my respect as a amazing driver, and we need these guy's in the sport like Vettel, FA RK to keep Ferrari honest.

5. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Massa has qualified for pole many times, and not running light. I just believe he is move confident and motivated than anyone else. He has nothing to lose.

Hamilton did not blow anything, at least not today. If does not pull a Hamilton on the first turn, then he should be good to go for the WDC. McLaren already stated they would detune his engine slightly. The WDC is once again Hamilton´s to lose. He is a racer, but tomorrow, he needs to just cruise. Question, will he do that.

Obviously I hope not. But I certainly do not want to see anyone take anyone out intentionally. Except maybe Hekki losing it at the first turn and ramming Hamilton. :)

Trulli is a key element. If Raikkonen can get past him on the start, then the WCC should belong to Ferrari. If Trulli is truly running light, and Raikkonen does not get past him on the first lap, then Raikkonen needs to be patient until Trulli´s first pit stop. Hopefully Trulli will hold up Hamilton.

6. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    #181 DGS, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
    Unreal pace in qual. Button in 17th was less than a second off Massa's first in Q1. -- I think the "red mist" closed in on the lot of 'em, with everybody trying to put on a good grid spot going into the between-seasons musical chairs fest.

Lewis was securely in the top ten in Q2, but still went out again when Ferrari threw down the gauntlet sending Kimi out again? That's three laps his engine didn't really need to do. Remember another engine expiring three laps short? The potential for blowin' it is there, for certain.

Lewis will have championships -- and lots of 'em ... *IF* he can learn to control himself like he can control a car. But it's not looking like he's there, yet.

Go Massa. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if Felipe comes from behind to take the WDC in Brazil?
    (Who can resist "Home town boy makes good" headlines? :p)

I think the first three rows are light --- but that's pretty much what you'd expect for questionable weather on race day.
    That long pit-out could be an issue in changing weather.

But if the whole grid has the wind up, turn one could be nasty.

7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    True Dave...;)......:eek:

8. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Not to worry kiddo. The bad news is when you stop getting older
    Prediction; Massa atones for Silverstone in the wet tomorrow. Hamilton still takes WDC but the Rosse wins the WMC.
    Where are the Massa bashers now?

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    meh, not in qualifying, during the race only. If he ran a couple of thousands RPM less he wouldnt be in the top 16, hell even the force india boys would run circles around him at that pace. They will turn it down a couple of notches, maybe have a save 18750 rpm rev limit but no way 17000 or less. :)

10. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    According to the Dutch TV commentator this is one of the shortest circuits with two long and fast sectors which would explain the close times.

11. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Don't worry Dave, I still laugh at danger and drop ice cubes down the vest of fear..;)

Massa has alot of weight on his shoulders tomorrow, home crowd to impress etc, I believe he has improved in the wet, but I'm sure he has his fingers crossed for a dry one..

12. VIZSLA

Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Looks like rain though. Seems like both McL and Ferrari are running dry set ups. Win may go to a dark horse set for the rain. Ham doesn't need the win, Massa does, so advantage Lewis.

13. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I read an interesting story in Swiss Blick that claims Mad Max is actually gunning for Massa: He is out for revenge on Ferrari because they threatened to leave F1.

The guy is such an idiot. What has Massa got to do with Ferrari's decision to stay or leave? If you can't separate the issues, maybe you shouldn't be in power.

14. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Now that would be a joke as well.

15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Wouldn't in the least surpise me, there's no maybe about it IMO I cannot for the life of me understand how this guy is still in power..

16. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Following your thinking, what has Massa got to do with the FIA´s decision at Spa concerning Hamilton? If he wins the WDC, there is not reason to belittle his championship.

17. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There you go Bas!! tis good that!!...;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0Kv9dnCfeQE

18. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP