Brazil qualifying (spoilers etc) | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Brazil qualifying (spoilers etc)

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Bas, Nov 1, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    Awesome performance by Massa. Hope he wins tomorrow and Hambone takes 6th or worse. Congrats to Jarno Trulli for getting P2 and Toyota for getting to Q3. I tuned in just as Q2 finished, why was the crowd cheering Rubens Barichello??! Go Honda!! :(

2. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Rubens is also Brazillian

3. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    The pressure got to Hamilton and he folded like a cheap camera. Massa showed what he is made off. Forza Massa. Never give up!

4. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #154 Smyrna355Spider, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
    That was a great qualification session. I don't remember a better one this year. I believe both Massa and Hamilton did exactly what they needed too. Massa had to have the pole for a chance to win it all and Hamilton had to play it smart and get a top five for him to take the title. Tomorrow should be great!!!!!

5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Wet set up means more wing, Right? So prob. not. Trapspeed would be the best indicator of wet/dry setup.. Kubica looks to be set up for rain. In that rain is predicted should be a very interesting race No one mention Silverstone please.

6. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    No, if Massa wins and they're tied in points, Massa has one race victory more and wins.

7. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Keep it up Jim bring on the rain and it's your statement ^^^ I will be reposting....;)

8. jknight

jknight F1 Veteran

Oct 30, 2004
    Central Texas
    are we still acting like two year olds on this site? thank god the other forums are adults talking like adults

Carol

9. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #159 Smyrna355Spider, Nov 1, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
    I have to agree! I believe Massa and Hamilton both proved they are some of the best in the world because they both performed just as they needed to. I want Massa to win without a doubt but I can't throw stones at Hamilton. He did what he needed too while being smart. Crashing the car going for broke would have been the only mistake he could have made. To add, Kimi did exactly what he needed to as well to help Massa. They are all simply fantastic and may the best man win. On a personal note Come on Ferrari/ Massa.

10. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Hamilton's in the catbird seat for the race tomorrow.Trulli's going to pass Massa at the start with Massa 3 laps heavier fulled than Hamilton. Hamilton has Kovi watching his back against Alonso and company and there's a 90% change of rain. Hamilton will pass Massa in the pits then it will start raining Hamilton will pit for wets while Massa is on dries which will leave Massa sliding all over the place like Silverstone.

If it starts wet Massa is doomed in that senario as getting outbrake by Trulli and going wide in turn one.

Ferrari really blew it thinking that McLaren were going to fuel Hamilton light and McLaren were not going to prepare for a wet race. Well they got that one wrong.

Go Hammy 2008 WDC!!!

11. smart_alek

smart_alek Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2005
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hamilton was ragged on his quali lap, his engineer even told him to calm it down a bit and not push too much.
    Massa also had a big over steer moment on his hot lap, but was able to get a good time. Pressure is all on Hamilton now. He really put himself up against it. He didn't prep his tires on his out lap and took too much out of them. That is why on his second out lap, he was going very, very slow.
    Should be an exciting race tomorrow.

12. Nicke

Nicke Formula Junior

Jan 8, 2005
    Hellsinki
    Full Name:
    Nicke Forsell
    +1000

13. Beta Scorpion

Beta Scorpion Formula 3

Jun 22, 2006
    +1

14. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Great job Massa and Ferrari; should be a good race tomorrow. I know a lot people love rain races since it turns the finish into a craps shoot, but I for one am hoping for a dry, clean race. Hamilton needs to be careful at the first corner; he's sitting in the perfect stop to be punted off the track...or take himself out trying to take P1 off the start. Massa needs to keep his head and let the chips fall where they may; all he can do is just drive his race and hope for the best.

Mark

15. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    hate to break it to ya but http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/BRXX0232?lswe=sao%20paulo&from=searchbox_localwx

Precip: 80%
    Rain showers in the morning will evolve into a more steady rain in the afternoon. High around 75F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 80%. Rainfall around a quarter of an inch.

I looks like intermediate wets for the start.

16. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    I agree when he blows the dorrs off Massa at the start he'll keep moving slow while being light on fuel. Awesome!

17. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian

The precision of your crystal ball is awesome. However, are you sure you're on the right forum here?

18. nsxrebel

nsxrebel Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    duh, how did I forget that. I was figuring he did something special in Q2 and I missed it.

19. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Yes I have an F355 and it's not a crystal ball... Its a time machine

20. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Can't buy into this race at all.

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I wonder whether Hami just put on a wet setup, which would explain why he was "slow" in 2nd practice Friday and in qualifying today.

22. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Maybe that, AND I recall McLaren saying they would cut his engine revs out of precaution (given Ferrari is on new engines this race). I think they're telling him to hold back a bit and calm down. It'll be an interesting race tomorrow.

23. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Good points.

If it rains, pole won't really matter much as it will be chaos anyway.

24. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I personally think he is sitting pretty , head down DO NOT attempt any crazy overtaking move at the start!! Wait till the dust settles and evaluate, wet or dry I figure he is set up for wet, he has the pace, only thing he has to watch for is FA, thats if HK doesn't hold him off.

But there again it could go all wrong in the first corner..

25. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Fixed it for ya. Happy Birthday BTW. ;)