Brand New BMW 340i ZHP in shop since day I bought it | FerrariChat

Brand New BMW 340i ZHP in shop since day I bought it

Discussion in 'Other German' started by Mbutner, Mar 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Allow me vent a bit, as well as ask if any of you have run into similar issues and may have found a solution?

Got a killer deal on a 6speed manual 2018 340i ZHP package. Carbon all over outside and inside of the car, M3 diffs and suspension, engine hp/tq cranked up from the factory, full M performance exhaust - hell of a lot of fun for a daily driver.

On the test drive I noticed the iDrive screen was dimming and brightening randomly - go from full dim to full bright and back and forth randomly. Salesperson said no problem, bring it into service and they'll fix it.

So I took delivery Saturday (March 16th(, brought car in next week and was told it'd be handled. After car waited in line a week, they finally started diagnostic Monday (March 25th). After replacing the iDrive screen today, service manager tells me that the issue is still happening. Told me he'd throw in some accessories for my trouble (I chose carbon shift knob and handbrake). It's a nice gesture but I'm getting pissed off waiting for this issue to be resolved on a brand new car.

Anyone had a similar issue? Any advice?

2. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    you knew there was problem on the test drive before you bought it?

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  3. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    This seems to be a voltage issue. I would not be replacing the screen, I personally would be looking at power feed to the screen, and work backwards from there. They shot the bed on the diagnostics. Tech threw parts at it without checking the system integrity. BMW is well known for harness issues.

E60 M5 likes this.