Brakes - Mondial QV | FerrariChat

Brakes - Mondial QV

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by FezzaFella, Aug 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FezzaFella

FezzaFella Karting

May 8, 2006
    Has anyone ever tried EBC Green Stuff brake pads on their Mondial QV? I use these on my race car and they are great but have heard they chew up the rotors on a Mondial.

Any recommendations that are better than the stock Ferrari pads?

2. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I got some Ferodo race pads, But I haven't fitted them yet, I haven't heard of them chewing rotors

3. mad dog

mad dog Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2006
    suffolk uk
    Full Name:
    andrew
    I use red stuff and have been very happy with them - both when warm on track and from cold in hill climbs. They say green stuff is not for track, see below. Red looks better bet for any serious work.

Taken from demon tweaks site.

EBC Brakes. Redstuff Ceramic pad compound will blow your mind when used in anger on faster street cars. An ECE R90 approved pad, legal for street use yet capable of stopping you from regular 100mph plus runs without fade. The pads just keep getting better the more abuse you give them. The use of ceramic fibres and other premium ingredients have permitted a lifetime and performance upgrade of this popular heavy duty sport pad range which is suitable for heavier or 4WD saloons. Durability of the new ceramic range is 3-4 times previous redstuff formulations.

EBC Brakes, For race and track day formulations use Yellowstuff and Bluestuff. The Greenstuff brake pads, brake well from cold, are effective to above 650 DegC, have a low dust formula. The new formulation offers higher thermal conductivity and therefore reduces incidents of brake judder, and also offers better cold braking and better wear life over previous EBC green formulations. EBC Greenstuff is an excellent fast road pad for all road legal cars, but is not for track day use.

4. FezzaFella

FezzaFella Karting

May 8, 2006
    Thanks Walclare.

I am only racing a 500kg 1965 Mini Cooper which requires braking 2-3 times per lap. We tried the others but they cool down too much between braking and had less feel. Very easy to overbrake a light car and lose time.

For the Ferrari for road use, I think they would be OK. But I will look at the Red Stuff Ceramic. Wasn't aware they had a new formulation.

Thanks alot for the infomration.