Bradan major service round 2 | Page 37 | FerrariChat

Bradan major service round 2

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by BRADAN, Jan 6, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    ummm WOW Can i have that? That will make a great flag for my wall or floor mats for Valenzo

2. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #902 Valenzo, Aug 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #903 Valenzo, Aug 11, 2012
  4. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #904 Valenzo, Aug 11, 2012
  5. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #905 Valenzo, Aug 11, 2012
  6. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    I am SO happy right now!

Congrats!

7. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #907 Valenzo, Aug 11, 2012
  8. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    STUD

9. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #909 Valenzo, Aug 11, 2012
  10. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #910 Valenzo, Aug 11, 2012
    More today. I will put 500 miles on her and conclude this thread and start a new one. So far, my car is responding to all of my commands and is running ... perfectly.

Dan @ Bradan has called me at least 5 times since yesterday to make sure i am very pleased. His last email was with his cell phone number and a closing comment - "if anything goes wrong, anything at all, i will catch the next flight out and fix it myself"

I feel confident with Valenzo, for the first time.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. davebdave

davebdave Formula 3
    Owner

Mar 18, 2007
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    Dave W
    Yep, Double the tack in fifth = mph. Redline 7600 = 152mph (technically I think it's 156)

Looks great,

Dave

12. full_garage

full_garage Formula 3
    Owner

Feb 15, 2010
    Sarasota Florida
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Ted

Sounds like this is going to be a great ownership experience.

I've had the chance to become intimately acquainted with your car, both as a potential purchase and during it's tormented repair and restoration. I'm quite sure you'll enjoy every mile!

And Ron Frohock knows how to enjoy a Mondial- I've never seen him without the entire family using all four seats!

The funny thing about Ferraris is now matter how much trouble they are to live with, and how expensive they are to maintain... once you own one you immediately begin shopping for a second. (Or once you own four you begin shopping for a fifth...same thing really...)

13. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    LOL

My little girl wants to go now..

more fun to come!

14. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

No, the speed limit is 65 mph :)

Have fun.

Joe

15. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    These fine autos aren't meant for cruising in overdrive, but for top speed in top gear. Sounds right. But feels good for everyone here knowing you're rolling again!

16. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #916 Valenzo, Aug 13, 2012
    It is not my desire to close this thread, for I feel it has a lot of value to the prospective, to the new and to the current owners alike. If i had read this thread before purchasing my Mondial, i would have been educated enough to choose the correct one, deemed from this thread.. And once purchased, I would have had adequate knowledge to meet, in person, and gone over everything i expected for the outcome of my major service.

After going through what I have, I would still, without a doubt, purchase a Mondial, they are incredible Ferrari's, a car that i believe was in the mind and soul of Enzo. It is a v e r y special breed. A refined piece of machinery that actually lives inside of you and responds to how much you care. I cared a lot, and now it finally shows. I don't care about the money, i care that my Mondial has been resurrected and it will serve to the pleasure of me and I will continue to give back as in any great relationship.

BRADAN, I don't regret my decision. I could have gone anywhere, but fate intersected me with Bradan for a reason. I purchased my car in the middle of winter, he, from the get go, went out of his way to inspect, to estimate and then to pick it up in the harshest of conditions. How could I not recognize that effort and reward myself with it. (?). But, as bad as this time spent was, in essence it was only bad for my patience. Yes, it robbed me of time. Time i could have spent enjoying it, i was left on the sidelines just reading about all the fun, and viewing all the pictures of you guys living la'vita Mondial. It sucked, no doubt but you know, its behind me, and in a half glass full attempt... Bradan saved me miles, saved me a ticket or two, maybe even an accident, hell, they saved me tires and if i'm not mistaken, they elevated the value of my Mondial because they even made me popular. Because of this, i can honestly say i have gained a few good friends and i feel fortunate.

I'd like it known, because of this Bradan 2 thread, and for those in this community, and because of the strong integrity of Dan MacKay of the Bradan Group. I have an extremely well sorted Ferrari Mondial with a great deal of modern improvements, new parts, new technology, new ideas and several appearance upgrades, at no labor charge whatsoever.

Dan reworked my engine in great detail. Because of Dave Helms, i received upgraded cam gears, with welded fences and zinc plating. Dan, converted my AC to R134, replaced all hoses and reworked the entire system so that I now have, cold AC on hot days. Dan, installed all new braided brake lines from Capt. Glen, installed a brand new Nouvalari exhaust, Ricambi pedals, wrinkle painted my valve covers, painted the front end to remove rock chips and a small dent, then installed a full nose 3M clear bra, that took them 2 days to make perfect, removed, checked, fixed and reinstalled my oil fan, twice, replaced my battery, my alternator, and then ... waxed and polished it so i could shave in its reflection.

Dan spent a tremendous amount of blood, sweat and i'm sure tears, making sure that my car didn't leave his shop until it was exactly perfect. My final bill? Nothing. HE CARED THAT MUCH. And he left me with a final commitment... "do not hesitate to call me, if anything, anything at all goes wrong, i will fly out to your place and fix it myself" And I promised that if anything does, I will contact him directly and will handle it behind the scenes.

Of course, i paid for most of the parts, but many he threw in without telling me. He never once asked for money, just my patience and my loyalty, i had no choice but to give him both.

He did right by me, very right and I will end this thread with that.

17. jimmym

jimmym Formula 3

Sep 30, 2008
    Northeast U.S.
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Well said. The perfect ending to a long journey. Enjoy.

Jimmy

18. VTChris

VTChris F1 World Champ

Aug 21, 2005
    I have said it before, and I will say it again. You are one special human being.
    I have never met you, but I will.

19. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Yep - - I totally agree with you, Chris. Over the years, we've spoken at length about "how people do their shiz-nitz". Those special individuals that have the diamond's sparkle, are few and far between. I'm lulled into a mood of tranquility and joy, knowing that one of those people is named Ted, and he drives a beautiful Mondial ! :):)

Congrats to Ted and the family - Rosie & Valenzo are home !!!!

Cheers, Hank

20. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'd like updates on condition, fun, add'l repairs (if any), fun, and fun in this thread as the months go by.

D

21. 2000YELLOW360

2000YELLOW360 F1 World Champ

Jun 5, 2001
    Full Name:
    Art
    Well said. Now you need to drive the crap out of it.

Art

22. gsfent

gsfent Formula 3

Nov 16, 2009
    PB County, Florida
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Ted is one of the classiest guys on this board. A salute to Valenzo!!

Regards,
    Jerry

23. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Well sir, i did. Today i logged another 200 miles, got caught in the rain, with no wipers, giggling all the way! All good.

24. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Thats saying a heck of a lot considering all the guys i look up to here, that would include you my friend. Thank you though.

25. Valenzo

Valenzo F1 Veteran

Dec 4, 2010
    IL & NC
    Full Name:
    Ted
    #925 Valenzo, Aug 14, 2012
    Went shopping today... this thing fit like it was made for the Mondial.

now, for those wondering why i would need such a thing... I'm adopting a little girl from criminal parents who are set to get out of jail soon, they've made some threats.

I have a family to protect. No one is harming this little girl again.