Bradan F355 Roll cage + 6 spd conversion | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Bradan F355 Roll cage + 6 spd conversion

Discussion in '348/355' started by BRADAN, Sep 28, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Of course. But it's not practical. The car was already worth less than invested. It's now a parts car as Ferrparts is breaking it down.

2. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    Dave, some people might argue that owning a car that requires a subframe and engine be removed to change timing belts is not practical. The value of an F355 transcends all that to the vast majority of F355 owners who share a passion for the car. It's a pity that this car is being parted out. But many owners will benefit from a new source of much needed parts this car will provide.

Yassa and Dave rocks like this.
  3. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
  4. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD
  5. cf355

cf355 F1 Rookie

Feb 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    chris
    yea the bar was never prep'd/painted.....very odd....like someone was out road testing it before the job was finished and totalled it?

6. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #81 BRADAN, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    The car took a very hard hit in the side by a box truck and was totaled out by the insurance company. We bought it from the insurance company and sold it to Ferr parts. The damage was well beyond what we felt was safe to repair.

Yassa likes this.
  7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Curious why the roll cage had not been painted?

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    he's lucky he didn't die on the street with that car, I'm sure he wasn't wearing a helmet. putting a full cage in car for street is terrible idea.

baschul, INTMD8, Yassa and 1 other person like this.
  9. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Both drivers are very lucky to walk away just fine.

It was supposed to be wrapped in leather eventually similar to a steering wheel rim.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Only a helmet would work. I have one of those old style open faced when driving roads at all. you could do a really good design roll hoop, side bars, and the front support which would give you extra safety without risking your head. It wouldn't be race legal, but I don't think he was racing.

11. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    post: 145714011, member: 1"]Only a helmet would work. I have one of those old style open faced when driving roads at all. you could do a really good design roll hoop, side bars, and the front support which would give you extra safety without risking your head. It wouldn't be race legal, but I don't think he was racing.[/QUOTE]

Helmat with a harness combo I think is the best bet. A regular 3 pt belt with a Halo and a-pillar bars is a bad combo. F355s can really take a hit compared to other models, great strong chassis. We had a car that rolled a few times and slid into a tree backwards come in, both people walked away from the accident. The roof collapsing would be my biggest fear in a roll over.

rob lay likes this.
  12. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    An inglorious end to a car that had so much care and expense lavished on it. :(

13. Yassa

Yassa Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2011
    London
    Full Name:
    Dr Yassa Hughes
    Too bad that roll cage was welded on and not bolted. Would have been nice to scoop that.