Bradan F355 color change, reupholstery, major service, upgrades | Page 7 | FerrariChat

Bradan F355 color change, reupholstery, major service, upgrades

Discussion in 'Bradan' started by BRADAN, Oct 21, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  2. diSCUDsted

diSCUDsted Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2010
    ILLinois
    Since the owner is asking for completed pictures to be posted due to the car now currently being offered for sale, wouldn't it only be courteous to oblige him of that (especially considering what this restoration must have cost him).

And yes, I ask because I could be a prospective buyer.

3. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  4. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #158 BRADAN, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  6. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Thanks!

7. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  8. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  9. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  10. conlux

conlux Karting

Feb 2, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    There must be at least $50K worth of work done on this car, unless the seller was gifted the Ferrari, how can this possibly pencil out?

I figured he was doing this only because he would be getting a car exactly as he wanted it.
    But to just flip it?

I don't get it.

11. Dr. Wynter

Dr. Wynter Karting

Apr 10, 2013
    Michigan (and NYC)
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    More than 50k was spent. You are right, this project was to create my vision of the perfect 355 as if I was buying it off the lot in 1998. As I noted in other posts, I live in Manhattan now and owning a 355 in this city is practically impossible. There isn't a worse city anywhere in the united states to own a super car. I'm looking to move into something more modern and drivable all year 'round. Maybe a GT3 or a Huracan.

12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I can't see you breaking even on the sell of this car . And the future owner will have a great car .

13. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    That was clearly not his goal or motivation. He wanted to make a perfect 355 and clearly he could afford to do it. If he wants to sell it now and not get all his money back, that's fine too. People buy new cars every day and sell them at a loss; I don't see why this is any different. It's no one's issue but Dr. Wynter's and I'm not sure why people seem to care so much.

14. drbob101

drbob101 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Nov 26, 2012
    Tinton Falls, NJ
    Full Name:
    Bob Ferraris
    When they do a color change like that, How do they handle any areas of the car that are tucked inside. Door jambs, trunk areas, etc.? It appears that some of those areas are masked off?

15. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    It's not my place to comment on the value of the car or what makes financial sense. But the owner is obviously well off and I'm sure does not care. At the end of the day just make yourself happy. Plenty of guys loose way more money buying new cars every single day. He wants something more user friendly and kicking around the idea of a new GT3.

As far as changing the color we overspray the same exact areas that the factory does. There are no hints of yellow on the car now. That will become more obvious as the thread continues on. The great thing about Ferrari is the inside, underside, jams, engine bay are always black so it's not to difficult to do.