Bradan detail service | FerrariChat

Bradan detail service

Discussion in 'Bradan' started by BRADAN, Jul 22, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #1 BRADAN, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    With the latest addition to the Bradan family, we are excited to announce an expanded list of services to Ferrari aficionados in Long Island, NY and beyond. John Pielhop, our newest teammate, is a master of vehicle surface aesthetics, and a welcome addition to the team. Through John, we are now offering expert detailing and paint correction, in addition to the full range of maintenance already available at our headquarters. Detailing is billed at $50 an hour. Please contact our Service Advisor Daniel Mackay for a consultation or an appointment.

The following shows our standard full detail service and wheel powder coating. The vehicle is a 2003 E39 M5 with 100k miles that needed a full clean up and wheels refinished. It will be complete by Friday and give you an idea of what's involved in our package detail.

For other examples of our work please visit the following links.

F355 paint correction- http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284038&highlight=f355+paint+correction
    SL63 paint correction- http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290896
    E60 m5 paint correction- http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284147&highlight=e60+m5

Stage 1: Prep

The vehicle is washed and clayed outside. We then bring it into the detail bay to blow it dry with 120 psi compressed air.

Stage 2: Disassemble and tape

With the surface prepped; wheels, headlights, and tail lights are removed. The body moldings are tapped off for protection.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  3. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #5 BRADAN, Jul 22, 2010
    Now that all the prep work is complete (wash, clay, masking edges etc) Its time for the inspection and refinishing of the paints surface. There are a good amount of swirls, deep scratches and water spots. I decided to go with Mezerna's Power gloss compound and synthetic cutting wool pads to remove these defects, making sure the compound was broken down properly to avoid compounding swirls. After that it was followed with Mezerna's Super Intensive polish, Meguairs M 205 Polish, Ardex's High Gloss Glaze, and sealed with Auto Glym's HD wax. I had to mess with our camera quite a bit to get the swirls to show under the halogens. This is quite a transformation considering this is a light colored car. Enjoy

Some before shots (swirls and no tint) It looked a lot worse in person...Did the best i could

4. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #8 BRADAN, Jul 22, 2010
    Today I tackled the task of getting the interior to match the exterior. The interior was blown out with compressed air to remove all the dirt from tight spots, (air vents, between the seats etc.) then vacuumed the carpets to remove most of the big chunks of dirt. They were then shampooed with a brush and all purpose citrus degreaser and left to sit for several minutes to allow the dirt to break down. Carpets are then vacuumed to remove all the dirt, scrubbed again, then vacuumed again to ensure all the dirt is out of the nap of the carpet. Here are some photos of what was done

Interior Before

5. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #11 BRADAN, Jul 23, 2010
    So after the conditioner was left to sit over night, there is a dramatic difference in feel. The spots that were once dry as a bone are starting to feel supple again. This is no miracle, it takes multiple coats, and mostly time to actually condition. (Thats like saying that after one treatment of aloe vera that a carpenters hands are restored to baby smooth ) One final light application was added this morning mostly to even out all the streak marks. The front seats were also treated today as they were a little worse than the rear seats. (Mainly the driver seats, very dry around the edges, and you can see it starting to crease in some areas) Here are some pictures

6. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #12 BRADAN, Jul 23, 2010
  7. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #13 BRADAN, Jul 23, 2010
  8. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    What a great thread/slide show! Plus on one of my all time favorite sedans- the E39 M5!!

Can't wait to see how she comes....

9. hinton308

hinton308 Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2009
    Gaffney, SC
    Full Name:
    Don Hinton
    What is the estimated time spent on this type of detailing?
    Don

10. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    16 hours. It's billed a package detail rate of $400.

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Looks great. The E39 M5 is one of my favorite BMWs...actually the last model and year of BMWs I like. Everything after has been crap.

Btw, my father used to own an E38 and the headlights were really crappy looking at 145k miles. I bought him a pair of new glass for it and replaced the old rather than try to buff the stuff out.

I can't remember the website, but quite a few BMW parts places had them. The dealers sell the headlights as one unit I believe, but the other websites sell the pieces individually. It didn't cost much. Not sure if the E39 is capable of this.

12. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
    Wow, all that for that amount of money. That's very thorough work. That car looks brand new. I may consider it myself. Great thread!!!

13. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

$25/hour covers the labor, materials, insurance, physical overhead, etc? That is a screaming deal!

14. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #23 BRADAN, Jul 28, 2010
    Our standard detail package is a great value that satisfies most individuals. We are waiting on the wheels to post finished photos. Anyone interested in a similar detail please call 631-585-8600 to book an appointment.

15. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    As a new service, we wanted to offer an incentive to build this department. Fridays we offer mobile wash service to suffolk county. A price list of our Detail services will be posted shortly.

16. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    but of course the car being shown includes wheel refinishing, refurbishing for lamps, etc etc....seems like this M5 job is going to cost much more than $400?

Waiting for the finished photos of this beautiful car!