Brad Pitt to drop starters flag at LeMans | FerrariChat

Brad Pitt to drop starters flag at LeMans

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bitzman, May 31, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    In this story off the net they are bemused nobody knows why he was selected

Le Mans 24 Hours: Brad Pitt to start race by waving the tricolor - but no one knows why | Motor Racing | Sport | The Independent

but I heard some time ago he tested a race car at a private track in France, and wasn't he in contention for starring in a movie about LeMans in the Sixties, competing with Tom Cruise for getting the role?

I know "Go Like Hell," the book, was bought from its author, a Playboy editor, but never heard of it being scheduled for filming or cast. I think the rotten performance of RUSH at the box office killed interest in racing movies for the time being.

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Zzzzzzz. A Kardashian would have more drama.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Rush was 38m to make and they made 97m on box office. Not the worst performer...

But for a Le Mans film, nothing would ruin it quicker than have Cruise star in it!

4. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    True. Track not wide enough for giant azz, so major chicane at start line added. And Gayfish would interrupt. We could only hope they'd be crushed by a crane clearing wreckage.

Goody, a remake of Le Mans. That'll improve on Steve and John F., you bet.

Rush did better than Batman v Superman, Dark Handbags

5. zudnic

zudnic Formula 3

Nov 13, 2014
    Vancouver
    Rush did ok considering its a small market in the U.S.. Formula One is small here fan wise. Believe the film did better in Europe.

I don't think Brad Pitt is into cars. Might be a race fan though.

Side note: met Brad Pitt a few years before he was famous. He did an episode of 21 Jump Street, filmed in Vancouver. I was 15 with a small group, including a few girls, who spotted some of the cast and Pitt downtown. Peter Deluise and Dustin Nguyen.