Boxer vs Countach. | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Boxer vs Countach.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Fan512bbi, Oct 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve B

Steve B Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Naperville
    Full Name:
    Steven L. Biagini
    This is generally true but carburated Boxers are pretty rare in the US because of emissions issues.

2. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Previously all magazines were bad. Now, when they report the same thing, they have merit. Cobblers, I say.

The 184mph car Wallace used for the test run was a STANDARD production car in 1975, just before he departed Sant Agata. It was not the LP500 prototype, nor was it the LP400 prototype. It was not a test mule either.... I can give you Bob Wallace's phone number. You know quite a bit about Boxers - granted. But when it comes to the specifics and history of the Countach, YOU good sir, know not of what you speak. ;-)

Joe

3. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    The Boxer and the Countach are just....different, and each excells in different ways and in different areas. Thats the bottom line, and any fair-minded, level-headed enthusiast will acknowlege that.
    Joe

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Boxers are not rare. Countachs are not rare
    If you say a Countach LP400 "Periscopa" by it self is quite rare, that would be accurate.
    If you say a 365 BB by itself is quite rare, that would be accurate.

Those two variants of each car are the rare ones. (which by the way, I should remind, are the ONLY two variants that this thread is about!).

Well, I must be a lot braver than you are....because in several thousand miles of Countach driving, the flipped-upside-down fear never crossed my mind. Funny that.

Joe

5. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Who the **** cares about what the magazines say!.

I have read through most of your posts and you put alot of empisis on the magazines, have you taken the time to actually go and drive a CT yourself?.

Its one thing being inside of a Countach but actually seing it in motion is a hole other ballgame.

6. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Of course Ferrari is gonna review it as one of there greatest cars. Afterall its a Ferrari.

Its like iam sure one day Lambo will view the Countach as one of there greatest not that they already do but it would be the car that put them on the map.

7. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    I beg to differ too, I am nobody and I have neither...

8. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    OK. Great stimulating conversation. Everyone's a winner!! Interest is re-kindled in the cars by passionate dialogue, and methinks both the Boxer and the Countach are slowly going up in value whilst we are chatting about them :)
    JP, I know you're super-passionate about Boxers...but hopefully you enjoy other cars as well. Maybe a Miura...?

Joe
    www.lamborghiniregistry.com

9. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    OK. Great stimulating conversation. Everyone's a winner!! Interest is re-kindled in the cars by passionate dialogue, and methinks both the Boxer and the Countach are slowly going up in value whilst we are chatting about them :)
    JP, I know you're super-passionate about Boxers...but hopefully you enjoy other cars as well. Maybe a Miura...?

Joe
    www.lamborghiniregistry.com

10. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    You can say that again.

:D it looks like you did.

11. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    I believe the Miura is generally acknowledged as being the first "Supercar"?

12. RomanDad

RomanDad Karting

Apr 23, 2005
    I have a countach.... Im somebody.... Sarti is wrong again.

13. J Ingram

J Ingram Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2006
    Moreno Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Jesse Ingram
    I'll take Jessica. She's hot!

14. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

Yes, I really like the Miura

15. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Gee why don't you tell us who you are then?

Legend in your own mind more likely

16. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Ferrari has made many different great cars, the BB to be viewed as one of the greats is quite a compliment from them

The Miura put Lambo on the map, the 350 before it didn't have much of an impact, the Ct took Lambo to a different direction

17. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  18. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Sorry, no disrespect intended, but every time I read a thread with Sarti, it's all about why Boxers are important, undervalued, recherche, better than the average bear, etc.

Sarti- I owned a very good Boxer. It is a good car. I like them. But, having said that, IMHO thou doth protest too much.

19. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Give me a break, I simply posted facts about Boxers in this thead in comparison to the Ct, the same with other threads about the BB as well, I know you Lambo guys need to stick together but your comment is way off

20. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Wow, defending yourself against yet another group of people you have insulted. Time to look at yourself and realize who is the problem. Very little of what you say is factual, its more like an opinion.

21. vmanaktala

vmanaktala Karting

Dec 28, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Vinnie
    I wear my gold plated hammer around my neck with with the big gold chain that came with my CT. Some people think it is a little tacky :}

Now if I can just buy a Koening Boxer with TR flares my life would be complete

22. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Lets face it if you flip a boxer or a ct your'e in big trouble either way. Plus these are low wide cars, not so easy to flip, and a rolled car usualy loses its windsheild, so if youre not to mangled to crawl out thats the exit. I would be more worried about going sideways into a tree and flaming the fuel tanks.

So anybody know who had the dark blue lp400 on 84 east in danbury sunday morning.

I am not sure why you are going for sarti, he is passionate about his car, just like ct owners are about theirs. In fact its one thing that ct and boxer owners have in common passion for their cars, something missing in the moderns.

23. RomanDad

RomanDad Karting

Apr 23, 2005
    Oh dear god.... What a ****ing loser.

24. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    You just described yourself Mr.Wannabe, actually your previous post here alluded to it and this one confirmed it

25. RomanDad

RomanDad Karting

Apr 23, 2005