Boxer vs Countach. | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Boxer vs Countach.

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Fan512bbi, Oct 12, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. joe sackey

joe sackey Five Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    All I know is Boxers are generally sub $100k cars and the Countach LP400 is now above $200k. Fat lot of good race history does the Boxer there! LOL!! Sorry, I though this thread was about the early Boxer vs the early Countach as in the Classic & Sportscar magazine article.

Joe

2. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I agree, I missed that (one-off) sale. Well Boxers must be moving up indeed if we all agree they are now $150k cars...? All in favor....? Say Aye!!!

But they are still well below what you have to pay to get a comparably-conditioned Countach LP 400 Periscopa.

Joe

3. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Someone from a lambo registry is the last person I would listen to about boxer prices. Who cares what a non-boxer owner thinks anyway because its the one that wants one that will pay to get them. I wouldnt pay $225K for an LP400 if I was a billionaire because I dont want one. Im not the one that sets lambo prices, its the boxer buyers that set boxer prices. I was approached last wednesday by a broker that knows my car, he had a buyer with money in hand for $135K cdn, wanted a test drive on friday. I declined because to me its worth a lot more than that and I dont need to sell it.

4. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Im just learning about Boxer prices from Sarti & yourself...quite an education I must confess.
    Joe

5. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    One thing about a lp400 cant say how it drives but the exterior, its pure art.

6. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #81 joe sackey, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A well-tuned example drives like the car's looks suggest it might....of that Im certain, having driven a fair few. Performance is raw, exhilarating, and there whenever you like.

Joe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Too bad you can only see out the front, makes lane changes and any traffic quite stressful, had a 500s, still have a 350gt.

A boxer is usable by comparison, if not red you can sneak in and out of town after a blast and it still has enough rawness to feel like a race car on the street. They are both cool, just different. Personaly if I could only have one its the boxer, but would like both. None of the moderns is quite the same must have.

8. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Thats true, who cares what they think anyway

I knew we'd get the Lambo zealots in this thread sooner or later

9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I have a kyosho model of an orange LP400 like the one buring rubber in this thread. it is a very nice looking car and to me Miura is tough to beat in the looks department as well. However i think the lambo isnt put together as well as a ferrari in the quality department. The Miura shift gate made me laugh, lets not even talk about the heater controls, engine oil shared with gearbox oil - thats dumb, not even hyundai or KIA does that (tractor technology maybe). I imagine any older lambo suffers from the italian electrical curse like ferraris but the ferrari would be a better built car than an LP400 or a miura as great looking as they are.

10. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    I agree the early LP400 without the flares looks nice with a bit iof a little 2001 Space Oddessy to it, most early Lambo CTs have a lot of electrical issues from not enough relays used and overheating of the fuse boxes, they overheat quickly at speed and have oils starvation issues from lack of a dry sump so they would never make a practical race car.

We had one on our run this weekend and my 355 made it look like it was standing still going through on ramp corners on the freeway and flat out acceleration. My BB can hold its own against my 355 still in flat out acceleration.

11. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    #86 joe sackey, Oct 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferraris ARE better built cars to begin with, no question.

But once properly restored, the Miura or Countach is like any other older Italian car from the era thats been restored. Here is a Miura restored by Bobileff....who restores Ferraris too, Boxers included.

Joe

12. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Its a state of mind thing - Ive driven thousands of miles in the Countach, and traffic never stressed me out. I find them quite easy to drive actually! My F40 was just as involving, to me anyway. LOL.... Some people love 'em, some hate 'em, the Countachs that is.

13. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey

Okaaay. Firstly this thread is about a Countach too...talk about zealots...or didnt you notice? LOL!
    Who cares what Countach enthusiasts think? Well, for starters...Countach owners do...I think...
    Look, the Boxer is a fine car, and even some of us Countach owners love it too (gasp..), and we're secure enough to admit it too...;-)
    Joe

14. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    Thats better...I bet I could 'convert' you with a weekend in mine...youd probably never ride with me again though! LOL. :)

15. joe sackey

Sponsor

May 23, 2006
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joe Sackey
    I have to say I AM getting some new-found Boxer respect just seeing how enthusiastic you guys are...phew, and I though some of us Lamboghinisti were bad. Checked out your buyers guide thread. Nice cars...maybe I should look for one before prices get out of hand (as honorably promoted by yourself!).
    I imagine that the early carburetted 365 BB is the rawest variant...

16. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    You will never win against sarti, he just has boxer on the brain. I would just ignore him and dismiss his ridiculous statements concerning cars. He has no factual basis for any of his statements and gets mad at people for liking other cars. He goes down the same road on every thread-my boxer is great, its worth so much money blah blah blah, your car sucks , its worth nothing blah blah blah. Dismiss his statements and use them purely for entertainment. I am still waiting for that 30k TR and now I am also going to wait for his 30k Countach. If you had an f40 , he would find some way to tell you that was worthless too.

17. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Another misquote from the king of miquotes.

18. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    You seem to be the catalyst in this ongoing arguement. Its getting tiring, AnthonyC let it go, so should you. See, I didnt call you any names :) You are guilty of bending the truth and misquoting yourself. Never heard sarti say anyones car was worthless, never did he say his car was the best or that his car was worth so much money, blah blah blah....etc. Grow up. (im waitng for you to attack me now)

19. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I, like many others here, had a Countach poster on my wall as a kid, and in a time before I really knew anything about cars, was convinced that it was the fastest, most expensive, most outrageous car on Earth. As I grew up, looking at pictures of the Countach, I started thinking it was kind ridiculous looking.

Then I saw one in person....wow. All I can say is that the Countach is definitely one of those cars (like the Mondial, in a different way) that looks MUCH MUCH more impressive in the metal than in photographs. If you think the Countach looks silly in person, you must be crazy! ;) It is a mean looking ride.

But if I had to decide between a Boxer and a Countach....hmmmm.....it would be tough. I'm a "Ferrari guy." Childhood dream car versus big brother to my 308.....I guess I would have to drive them both, then decide. But a big part of my decision would be based on maintenance and what can I do myself or what do I need to farm out. One thing this thread has not explored is ease of maintenance and availability of parts. I'm going to bet that the Boxer wins that contest hands down.

Just a guess though. Anyone want to comment?

Birdman

20. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    I have no reason to attack you , but I am not sure why you keep getting involved. If you can't see that sarti is the catalyst here, you are just blind at this point. I have let it go , but it has just started up again in this thread by his own doing. Read his replies carefully before you make accusations. The person that is getting tiring is sarti and his wild opinions that are based on fantasy. I am just pointing them out, nothing more nothing less.

21. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

I am the catalyst?

Do you have alzhiemers or are you just an ass as you are some kind of internet stalker following me around

22. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Its a chat site you freak. Grow up. Again with the profanity. If you post negative statements you will get negative responses.

23. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Did I start with an attack on your broke stupid ass anywhere in this thread Mr. stalker?

24. JAYF

JAYF Formula 3

May 13, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Keep it up you child- Let everyone see your true colors and your ignorance

25. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

What a moron