Boxer - Missing Trim Pieces | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Boxer - Missing Trim Pieces

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by UnVinRougeSVP, Mar 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Dropped 13 boxes at the post office Saturday AM.
    You should have received eMAIL from the USPS saying you have a shipment coming & giving you the tracking #.

I was up past midnight counting trim pieces, rivits, & washers into little bags, packing boxes, creating invoices, & on the USPS web site entering/printing prepaid postage lables.

I'm going to think twice before I again offer to throw in small HW like washers & rivits for free. Even tho they're cheap, counting & packing them added noticibly to the total packing time. ;^)

If anyone's coming in late, I still have 8 unsold trim pieces that I'll let go for the group buy price & since I've got them, will throw in the rivits & washers. Good thing I ordered 20 extra last October!!!

2. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

I got mine today Verell, thanks!

DMAX

3. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I received mine as well.

thanks

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    Received mine today, fantastic work, look and feel amazing.

Would click, buy from again ! ! ! ! ! A+++++++

Thanks again for doing this, Verell.

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Im still waiting for the dogsled to arrive up here in canader with mine.

6. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Picked mine up at the post office today. Very nice. Now I can see why people over restore cars. :)

Drew

7. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    I wanted to check something with you gentlemen. I went out and looked at installing the trim pieces. I can see where there is hole in the front fender where the previous ones were installed. However there is no corresponding holes for the ones in the rear.

I went back and re-read the posts. It appeared that though some people had front ones, or partial front ones, I could only verify one instance (Gary Reed) that had the rear ones were installed. It would make sense but I could not ever tell for certain.

Can someone verify this.

I don't mind, and actually like having having these pieces, but before I drill a hole and install them on the rear I just want to make sure they are really suppose to be there.

I went to the owners site but could not find them on the Boxer parts diagram.

Proabaly all wet.

Drew

8. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    Got my baggie today. I'm waiting for Newman to do a full photo expose on installation.

9. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast

Drew,
    Check to make sure that your rear holes are not hidden by that very outer rubber seal of the wheel well. Both my BBi's have the front and rear holes.

Also the owners site does show the front and rear trim pieces. Check under the 512BBi Hoods/Lids/Doors section then go to the front hood page(should be part #40) and then the rear lid page for other (#57).

10. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Hey Steve,

Thanks for showing me where to find that. But the plot thickens.

I have a 79 carbed BB512. When you look at the corresponding parts list and pictures from the owners site for the carbed cars the trim pieces are not shown or listed.

I clearly have the holes for the front ones. And after checking again, just in case, there are no holes, or any indication that there ever were for the rears.

Go figure. There were some comments earlier in this thread that there may not have been any used on the 365GT4BB.

I'm going to install the fronts for now as the holes are clearly there and match up with the finishing peices should be attached. Will probably hold off on the rears.

Thanks,

Drew

11. LP400S

LP400S Formula 3

May 18, 2002
    West Coast

I think I would do the same thing. Either they never put them on carb cars or they were out of them when they built your car:)

12. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    ....or the rear bumper was replaced in the past for one reason or another like a market change requiring rear fog lamps or us conversion then returned to euro spec.

13. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Ill PM everyone the proceedure rather than post it and leave you twisting in the wind.

14. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Glad to hear they're arriving safely. Just sold 4 & shipped of the last 8 yesterday, so only have 4 left.

rifledriver,
    I still need the address to ship your 8 to, haven't received responses to eMAIL & aPM.

15. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
  16. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Thanks, I'll give rifledriver a call to make sure he still wants them before I ship them.

17. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    !

18. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    They're gone!!!!!

Umm, well, actually, I haven't gotten hold of/heard from rifledriver yet.

Thanks for your patience guys, I'll try to be faster next time you need something.

19. UnVinRougeSVP

UnVinRougeSVP Karting

Jan 27, 2004
    Southeastern PA
    Full Name:
    Ted
    Many thanks, Verrell. Got the package this week and they look the business. I wonder how cars kept so well can lose pieces like this, but now we know where to get replacements if these should fall off again.

20. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I've had a couple of people asking if there would be another run.

My machinist is willing to set-up to do another run, but minimum quantity would be 6 sets (24 pieces). At that quantity, the price would be $25 per piece as the set-up costs would be spread over a lot fewer pieces.

When/If I get requests adding up to 16-20 pieces I'll start another group buy.

21. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Just spoke with rifledriver & he definitely wants the ones he asked for, so this run is a sellout!

I'm starting to collect requests for another mfg run. When I get enough requests, I'll declare another group buy & get my machinist to schedule them.

22. msgsobe

msgsobe Formula 3

Aug 10, 2006
    Miami Beach/Aspen
    Full Name:
    Mark Gold
    I need 4 please! sent PM mark

23. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Hello,
    It's been almost a year since the last group buy. I thought I'd ask if there's enough need to get another one started?

Inquiringly,
    Verell

24. PINNIN512

PINNIN512 Formula 3

Aug 30, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    David
    I would like a set for my car and a second for spares if the price can come down some. I like the idea of all plastic from one mold to keep the costs down. Better yet have them made in china lead free of course.

Never mind my posts . I am interested in set :) I just now figured it out!

25. wlanast

wlanast Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 9, 2007
    Santa Ana,California
    Full Name:
    William
    I need them. One thing bothering me was that I found all four in the glovebox, but all were broken. Count me in.
    William