Bought My First Ferrari two days ago ! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bought My First Ferrari two days ago !

Discussion in '360/430' started by neil e dale, Oct 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. neil e dale

neil e dale Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
  2. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    All the 810/812 cords had a ring on the pre-selector switch just as your picture shows.

Joel Givner
    Past National President
    Auburn Cord Duesenberg Club

neil e dale likes this.
  3. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    #28 neil e dale, Dec 29, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    I had read an article that Mr tuckers personal car was modified - w/ a modified ring ? a ring that his finger could fit thru thx why I said that . of course you are the expert obviously! but i do research! From automobile magazine , june 2018 "saving prestons tucker" ( his personal car ) :" Indeed, No. 29 has several features Tucker himself had added to not just this car but also Tuckers Nos. 30 and 31—both cars owned originally by his family. Among these is the hollow ringlike shift-lever center, which was a solid disc on standard Tuckers. Tucker evidently found shifting with a finger slipped through the center was more comfortable to him ".... photo is the stock oem shifter not his modified one Image Unavailable, Please Login
    at tuckers

4. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    neil e dale likes this.
  5. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    BTW, I know the 430 you bought. A real beauty. The engine carbon kit is spectacular. One of the previous owners had painted the engine carbon fiber panels as they were turning yellow. I'm sure you will have these reburshed as the carbon fiber looks much better than the paint

neil e dale likes this.
  6. SeaNile

SeaNile Formula Junior

Jan 25, 2010
    West Chester, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    That's a bummer about the issues upon arrival. Nothing like shelling out the monies for purchase and immediately footing an unexpected repair bill. It's one thing when you expect it and its negotiated into the price but a completely different thing when you expect the car you bought to be perfect and "needs nothing."

Jasflora and neil e dale like this.
  7. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Wowo really? how amazing to learn that! Thank you! it's like a great archeological discovery/ find on a dig! wondered why it did not have CF engine covers! So, how I can strip off the paint and get it back to the CF glory? wowo ! why would someone do that ? as you say couldn't they just re-finish the clear of the CF ? I did wonder what w/ the 100K $ in options the car has it did not have the CF engine covers! ( including a $17,000 front frunk in CF ! - all the Ferrari guys at cars and coffee in Tucson want to see a part of that! it's all covered up w/ felt/ carpet ! ) But it's on the Maroney so must be real! anyway, the car, she is being shown max love only mod (so far ) is a pair of K&N filters which gave a wee bit more intake noise and a few HP more would love to throw a mild tune on the ECU Who does a good one ? so far we have noted they are about 3X the price of any other car ! - figures ! the Ferrari tax ! My older bro just got a Alfa Romeo Giulia quadrfoglolio and is bragging he has more HP -505 than I do ! LOL

8. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Yes, I was disappointed ! have given the parties involved plenty of time and opportunities to step up and make it right / help and the silence has been deafening ! the odds of four new TPMS sensors all dying between June and October are staggeringly slim! I bought the car virtually sight unseen until it was unloaded fr the transport! trusting upon the assurances of the broker/mechanic/owner. The car was 2,600 miles away from Az in NH I did find a neutral party in NH who volunteered to at least go look at it but he was a young guy and not too well versed in Ferrari's! we are concerned about what else is wrong /undisclosed! ?? we'll let you know what the dealer says ! looking to buy a trailer now so I can take it to Scottsdale AZ - 125 miles away , the closest !

9. Jasflora

Jasflora Karting

Sep 30, 2018
    Leeds United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Jas flora
    I had the same issue with a 458 I bought from a broker in London. Engine control system light keeps coming on and secondary fan not working. Sort of takes the wind out of the initial excitemen

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

neil e dale likes this.
  10. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey

The 430 was briefly in New Jersey and then sold to the owner you bought the car from by the Broker in NJ. The NJ owner only had the car for about 4 months and sold to buy GT3. 4 months later that GT3 was sold to buy a GT3r, I believe. PM me and I can share the price he sold the 430 for to the owner you bought the car from. Hope you are sitting down. The car was the most expensive 430 I had seen. I thought mine was loaded but the 20k CF engine kit took it over the top.

neil e dale likes this.
  11. neil e dale

BANNED

Aug 27, 2018
    Tucson AZ
    Full Name:
    neil e dale
    Indeed! it's a rather grave transgression of trust ! all the bragging about how they ( the broker ) had hundreds of deals, cars sold and never a dissatisfied customer and whatever he would make it right ! and it was his go-to mechanic that did the service! it may not have dissuaded me from the purchase I am a mechanic and could replace the sensors, and will have to . As said it should be honestly disclosed ! and price reduced to pay for it - (what I would have done! ) nothing is perfect and we are only dissatisfied as being told "perfect needs nothing " should mean that!

Jasflora likes this.
  12. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    congrats

Jasflora and neil e dale like this.
  13. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I had the same problem with my 360. I had Ferrari of Los Gatos (who has since gone out of business) install a Capristo exhaust on my car. It was so far back, when the exhaust system would come up to temp and expand, the exhaust can would bang against the rear framework. I had to have a machine shop mill out the mounting slots on the mounting bracket for the exhaust, and cut out a couple of small semicircles so that the exhaust pipes could slide over the cats further (clearing a circular weld on each cat) to do the trick.