Bought another 355 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bought another 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by lawwdog, Jan 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    David,

Do you have a Tubi on your 98 spider? The resonance is the only worry I have with a Tubi and the spider.

Thanks for the comment.

2. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Vref,

Do you have a tubi on your spider?

3. tracknut

tracknut Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Folsom, CA
    Full Name:
    Dave Mills
    Looks beautiful, Mario, just fantastic. But you can't put it on the track w/o a rollbar - we're hosed!

Dave

4. vref

vref Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    1 Hr North of Housto
    Full Name:
    Jim
    No I don't, My bud has it on his and gees I can't hear my self talk in that car. But of course its all personal preference.

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Lawwdog,
    can't agree at all with comments on Tubi; i have one with straight thru' pipes on my Spider and the difference over stock made me think i was driving a different car. As has been mentioned, it's all down to personal preference but i wouldn't go back to stock.
    Regards
    Tony

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I just looked in my service manual, and it apears that the exhaust system of the 96+ cars is not as free flowing as the exhaust system on the 95s (either).

7. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Oh thats great Dave.....looks like I'll be the host riding shot gun in your car!!!! argh!

Maybe I'll help with a cruise and 1/2 track day at Laguna then? I'll have to talk with you.

8. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

I think I will need to take a ride in Tubi equiped spider and make my own judgement. For me, half the enjoyment of driving a Ferrari is listening to the engine and exhaust. I love to rev through every tunnel I drive through.

9. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson

10. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario

11. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Congratulations, Mario! Beautiful car! Can't wait to see it. Perhaps you could join us for one of our breakfast runs. It would be fun.

Do you know if Cargraphic does an exhaust for your car? I have one on my 360 and sounds awesome!

Norm

12. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Thanks Normin. I have been watching the Nor Cal link for a Breakfast but nothing seems to come together. I am looking forward to a drive with you guys. Anything planned for Super Bowl Sunday???????

I have not looked into the Cargraphic system...do you know of anyone with it on a 355?

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    What the f*** where you thinking posting only one picture?????

Rob,
    have this guy banned for 2 days. I'd say two days for not posting enough pictures should be okay.

:)

14. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    The 355 is a piece of art :) I love the beautiful lines on this car!!! Good luck with it.

15. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    I would drive a Tubi 355 Spider before installing one. But if you get one for a decent price you can reverse it. It was too loud for me. In a Berlinetta it would be quite different.

Some mid position would be cool. My 360 spyder is a bit much too with a Tubi. I go back and forth on it.

16. speedemon

speedemon Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've got the 355 GTS and I love the Tubi. I couldn't imagine what it would be like w/out it. However, I do have the rear glass to shield direct noise. Other spider owners would know better ...........Just my $.02

Beautiful Car. Enjoy

17. gumball3000

gumball3000 Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Ed Neilson

18. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Rob,

You should have this guy banned from F-chat for 7 days for posting a fish symbol under his profile. I find it very offensive and can't find a single reason why his original cleavage bearing Ferrari girl has been taken off. What the F*** Martin! Have you been talking with J Scott Leanord again ? :)

Now bring that girl back and go to confession!

19. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Hey Mario,
    I don't know of anyone with a cargraphic'd 355, but when I got the cargraphic for my 550 (prior to the 360), the company said they would take it back for a full refund no questions asked if I wasn't satisfied with it. Certainly took the risk out of the purchase. Needless to say, I never returned it.

I think Dan is going to try to set up a breakfast within the next few weeks.

Will you be in the area on superbowl sunday? That might be a bad day for me as I must spend the day watching my Philadelphia Eagles kick some butt!!! :)
    Norm

20. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    Congrats on the 355...it is beautiful.