Boston area indoor car storage? | FerrariChat

Boston area indoor car storage?

Discussion in 'New England' started by ferraripete, Oct 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

can anyone refer me to a nice indoor car storage in the boston area? i am looking to put a car there for the winter and would like some access during the winter.

i appreciate your help and advice.

pcb

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    the guys at lotus aston martin new england have a facility in brighton that i used one winter. i didn't need over-winter access, but it looked like it wouldn't be a big deal.

i believe fone has nice storage facility these days.

g/l.

doody.

3. Ispeed

Ispeed Karting

Oct 31, 2005
    Needham MA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    The Atrium mall in Newton rents spaces on the bottom floor of the parking garage, and there are lots of nice cars in there. Most are covered. The benefit of that is that you could run the car periodically and drive through the parking garage without being out in the salt and snow.
    Just an idea...???

4. ferraripete

very interesting...do you think the cars are secure there? newton would be very convenient...a very good idea. how do i contact?

i would idealy find a exotic car storage facility like the auto barn in north carolina...climate controlled, epoxy floors and security.

i will however check into the newton mall idea...thank you.

pcb

5. REV.Group

REV.Group Rookie

Oct 7, 2007
    the garage close a certain time and it's locked up and has securty there too and people in newton aren't street punks

6. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    Pete,

I may have extra space in my shop this Winter...I've rented one spot, will know sbout the others shortly. I'm 55 miles North of Boston. The area is safe, secure, has radiant heat...and a lift if you need Winter service done.

Regards,
    David

7. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    Here's a craigslist ad with contact info for the Atrium mall parking

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/prk/450080242.html

8. Ray G

Ray G Formula 3

Sep 8, 2005
    Newport, RI
  9. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    I have used Ferrari New England's winter storage 3 out of the last 4 years and found their service excellent.

They keep the car on a trickle charger in a climate controlled garage. Also, they will perform any service or maintainance as requested. I usually have the car out at least a few sunny weekends every winter, and with a days notice, they have the car detailed and ready to go.

Probably not the cheapest, but very convenient and great service.

Best

Jon

10. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    You may want to call Lars Museum, they had space last year at resonable pricing and as you know they have some very nice cars :)

11. otto-x

otto-x Rookie

Mar 1, 2006
    North Andover, MA
    Full Name:
    John Caron
  12. MARANELLONATION

MARANELLONATION Karting

Nov 22, 2006
    North Andover Ma. 01845
    Full Name:
    Michael A. Ferrante
    "495 STORAGE" brand new facility with climate control loacated in Tewksbury Ma.
    $275 per month with the first month free
    Call 978 640 1300 and ask for Andrea
    Hope this helps. I think it's a great deal

13. caz-nsx

caz-nsx Rookie

Jan 30, 2006
    New Hampshire
  14. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    FYI: Lars Museum was about $152/mo

KTR European was doing storage for $150/mo but think they no longer desire the storage business. Might want to call and verify anyway.

CALL LARS... i did lots of research last year on this and got tired of the 'Ferrari pricing' some people was asking. Another option, lend your car to a museum for the winter as a 'piece of art.'

15. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    I used the Atrium Mall for my 308 QV for about a year. It was PERFECT. I had access to my car whenever I wanted, the area was dry/warm and regularly patrolled. The area was reachable by the escalator, but almost no one went down there, even at the height of XMas shopping season. Oh, and it was cheaper by several hundered $$$ compared to what FoNE, Aston Martin, IFS, KTR, and anyone else was charging. I wasn't the only Ferrari down there, BTW....

BTW, if the space is 'heated', you'll experience less drain on the car battery than if the space is unheated - plus, in a parking garage as large as the Atrium Mall, you can start the vehicle and 'drive around' to circulate the fluids and charge the battery, even in the deepest snowstorm. I paid $90 a month.

16. ferraripete

thank you all for the great suggestions. i will pursue next week. again, your help is appreciated.

very best,

pcb

17. endlessearth

endlessearth Rookie

Oct 18, 2007
    NH Seacoast
    Blair Talbot Motors in Dover, NH has indoor storage for 50 cars. BTM is an independent exotic car service and race prep. shop specializing in Porsches but also servicing other makes. The 15k sq. ft. shop is heated. Your battery will be kept charged, there will be easily five feet between yours and any other car, and you can take the car out any time you want for no additrional fee. I pay $150 a month for my Porsche. For me personally it is a great deal because Blair does all the winter projects on my car. I have no affiliation with the shop. The number is 603-740-9911. Ask for Barb or Blair.

18. BB456MGT

BB456MGT Karting

Aug 22, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Konstantinos
    'Exotic Car Club of America' in Methuen.

Underground, very safe, access to the car at any time. Highly recommmended.

Good luck,

Konstantinos

19. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    I stored a Ferrari at the Atrium Mall last winter. At $100/month it was a hell of a bargain. Now its $150/month, but still a great deal. The car storage is on the 4th level below ground. Most cars are covered and I never saw anyone on that level that did not have a car in storage. As noted in this thread, it is a benefit to be able to start the car once a month or so and drive it around the bowels of the garage. There is also a carwash/detail shop on the 1st level, if needed. They detail lots of fcars, lambos and other exotics. Although it is not heated, the garage seems to be a constant 50 degrees, plus or minus. However, if you are planning on using a battery tender there are no electrical outlets.

20. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    FYI, the Atrium storage area is booked solid at the moment. I still have some pull there if you are desperate, and serious. There are considerable discounts for multi-month deals, especially 12 month deals paid in advance up front.

PM me if you want the inside info

21. Lance Rock

Lance Rock Rookie

Sep 12, 2008
  22. Lance Rock

Lance Rock Rookie

Sep 12, 2008
  23. LeslieFNE

LeslieFNE Rookie

Aug 25, 2008
    Norwood, MA
    Full Name:
    Leslie Stormes
    I heard Ferrari of New England just finished their brand new storage building in Norwood. Give Steve or Mike a call.

24. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    Bumping this up - looking for storage / or even more ideally looking for my own 1200-2500 sq industrial condo in metro west area