Bosch Jetronic 0 280 800 068 wiring diagram | FerrariChat

Bosch Jetronic 0 280 800 068 wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Aroen, Aug 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aroen

Aroen Rookie

May 18, 2020
    Hoofddorp, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Aroen
    Hi,

I'm working on resurrecting a Ferrari Mondial 3.2 Cabriolet 1988(US).
    The car has not run in over 13 years, once I got the car I've replaced oil/ fuel and filters as well as the Fuel pump. I've inspected the timing belts which looked good, no cracks/ tears. I'm intending to replace the belts once I know the car runs.

At first none of the electrical systems were working, I've fully cleaned the fuse box, which was in good condition, no burn marks on any of the connectors, but quite some corrosion. After cleaning it all out, all of the electrics like internal/ external lights/ windows and starter were working.

I've managed to start up te car, initially it did not run very well, but after rebuilding the fuel distributer, the car ran pretty well, that worked 2 maybe 3 times. Since a week or so, I'm trying to find out why the car does not want to run anymore.
    When I try starting, the car starts, but stops immediately.
    I've checked all spark plug leads, there is spark on all 8 cylinders. The spark plugs were cleaned out as well.
    The only way to get the car to run is to manual press the distributer plate down slightly, however, the engine sputters, back fires and runs very rich.

Based on my research on this forum, I concluded I had to check the frequency valve, the Additional Air Valve and found out that none of the two are getting power when trying to start or ignition in postion 2.

I've also checked the protection relay, which seems to be in good condition, the fuse is ok and the relay looks ok on the inside.
    I've figured out the Bosch Jetronic ECU is not getting any power at all, I'm thinking this could be the issue.

The question now is, how should the ECU get power? for this I need a Wiring Diagram, I've found diagrams for the CH88 Version as well as the 328, but te ECU's are different.

Has any of you got the Wiring diagram for a 1988 Mondial 3.2 USA, or just the parts for the fuel injection system and Jetronic pinout. I should be able to trace the issue back from there.

Thanks,
    Aroen

2. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    I have diagrams for the euro 3.2. From what you say u need page 2 of the wiring diagrams. Let me have an e mail address as i have diagram u need. Cannot see it being any different

3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Power for additional air valve comes from relay i. - top row, far right hand relay ( called fuel injection delivery pump starting relay ) bosch 0332204101

4. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    From the protection relay ;). Easiest functional test to do is unplug the safety switch on the airflow metering device, turn the key to "on" (Pos II) = you should hear the fuel pump run. Then touch/"feel" the frequency valve (aka metering valve), it should be buzzing/vibrating whenever the fuel pump is running:

If it is = proves you are getting +12V power to the injection ECU.

If it isn't = sign you need to investigate the protection relay operation.

ronfrohock likes this.
  5. Aroen

Aroen Rookie

May 18, 2020
    Hoofddorp, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Aroen
    Hi Steve,
    I did try that, the fuel pump was running when I pressed the airflow metering device however no power to the frequency valve or ECU.
    This evening I decided to jump the protection relay and everything was working again. So, I’ve inspected the Protection relay once again and found that the 4 connectors which go into the relay are riveted, one of the terminals was loose. You can get to the rivets by removing the white under plate which have the PIN numbers on it. So when I jiggled the relay I could here the frequency valve buzzing.
    I’ve soldered all 4 connectors making the connection solid again, this fixed all described problems.
    The car does not start yet, but I guess it got flooded a bit by pressing the airflow plate a couple of times to much.

I’ll try tomorrow to see if the car runs again.

thanks for your help.
    Aroen

6. Aroen

Aroen Rookie

May 18, 2020
    Hoofddorp, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Aroen
    Hi Mike,
    I’ve found the issue, but if you can send the diagrams, that would be great for future reference.
    [email protected]

7. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    Sent

8. Aroen

Aroen Rookie

May 18, 2020
    Hoofddorp, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Aroen