Book suggestion | FerrariChat

Book suggestion

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by NürScud, Nov 18, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Hello guys,

I would like to ask you something. My cousin likes go-kart driving a lot. He also owns a 2017 Ford Focus RS and he visits race tracks around Europe. He has his birthday this week so, i'm thinking to give him a book about fast/racing driving as a gift.

Do you have to suggest me a really good book about track days, racing driving etc?
    I'm thinking one of these but i don't know which. I personally do track days, racing in VLNs but i don't think that i am the appropriate person to tell him how to drive, so i think a really good book will make the difference.

Thank you in advance.

:)

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Schultz

Schultz Karting

Mar 9, 2014
    Midwest
    I think the first book would be a good start, I'd recommend your cousin combine it with Ross' podcast "Speed Secrets Podcast". It has weekly episodes with professional drivers and industry folk. I especially like the episodes where Ross speaks with doctors and health experts and the real life data they bring.

Another podcast I like is dinner with racers and frankly have to catch up with both.

Here's a link to the podcast; https://open.spotify.com/show/4U59gK2l4Milfa9uF9mDnC?si=vosodNIqQSieu4wLfhxxHA

NürScud likes this.
  3. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Last book is a good read

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

308 GTB and NürScud like this.
  4. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Thank you. I didn't know about the podcast. Sounds really interesting. About the books i am between the first and third. I believe that all of the three books above describes the same (almost) subject.
    Thank you for the answer.

5. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    WOW. Both looks very interesting!

Atlantic likes this.
  6. 308 GTB

308 GTB F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 7, 2002
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Barry Wolinsky
    That's my favorite, Ed.

Here's a great companion video for Going Faster! Mastering The Art Of Race Driving by Carl Lopez...