Blue Ribot code | FerrariChat

Blue Ribot code

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by TomTom74, Jan 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TomTom74

TomTom74 Rookie

Dec 25, 2020
    Hello Friends, can i ask you for guidance?
    I am restoring a ‘74 365, which i am told was born ‘blue ribot’. Chassis 17313.
    Does anyone have the same exact details/colour code so that i am sure its the correct one for that year and model. Where do i find confirmation of the colour on the car? They didn’t put stickers like on the 308/328 and 550.
    Many thanks indeed!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    Goof day TomTom74,

I went through the same process with car (18775, color Blu Tourbillon) and found a bit of info (see attached), but struck out with finding an actual paint code so that the color could be duplicated. The paint looks to have been from "Italiver" which was was acquired by PPG at some point. I posted on here and the vintage section and I had zero replies. Just by chance my paint shop found a blue that was pretty much identical to Blu Tourbillon in their paint books... The paint was used on later model BMW mini's. The only difference was that the color would slightly change depending upon the ambient light and light angle. However, it was the best I could do. Perhaps you will have better luck and if not, then I would simply go through your painter's paint book and see if you can find a close match.

Cheers,

Sam

Attached Files:

3. TomTom74

TomTom74 Rookie

Dec 25, 2020
    Thank you Sam.
    When I bought the car the colour on it was almost exactly like blue sera. I know because i have a 328 in blue sera.
    Blue ribot from your attachment looks darker than blue ribot and kind of matches the blue of a 365 which is being sold by aaldering.
    Have you ever compared ribot with sera (or has anyone else reading this chat) to know if in real life one is darker or lighter than the other?)

4. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    samsaprunoff likes this.
  5. TomTom74

TomTom74 Rookie

Dec 25, 2020
    Thanks Ewan. I see your 400 is a usa car.
    I’m told that blu ribot for 365 is different to ribot for 400’s.
    The reference is the daytona that featured on top gear.
    But yes great colours. I just want a genuine 74 blue.
    Epic research!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    I want that blu sera Shamal. Wow.

7. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    #7 Ewan, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    My Shamal featured in a “Harry’s Garage” video on You Tube, which is worth a watch if you like them. It was the only RHD Shamal built in that colour.

8. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    It’s actually a RHD UK car, first registered in London in 1979. But the owner was American, and a year or so later took it to NY so had to have the extra lights fitted. He then took it Hong Kong (where Ferrari HK painted it Blu Ribot), before finally bringing it back to London.
    I’ve returned it to its original colour (Prugna) and had the US lights removed, so it’s now all back as it was supposed to be. Here it is now:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. TomTom74

TomTom74 Rookie

Dec 25, 2020
    What an awesome story!! Love all of that and what a rare colour!!
    Good on you Ewan!!

10. Ewan

Ewan Karting

Jul 5, 2015
    Dorset, UK
    Yep. It’s a well travelled car. Though it’s almost done more miles by ship (UK-USA-UK-HK-UK) than it has by road!
    But that’s not the end of the story. In between the original American owner and me, it was owned by Mohamed Al Fayed, father of Dodi - the final boyfriend of Princess Diana. I’ve a picture of Dodi with the 400, but whether or not he and Diana used it together I’ll probably never know.
    Anyway, if the COVID lock-downs ever end, my family and I will continue to add some adventures to this cars story book.

11. TomTom74

TomTom74 Rookie

Dec 25, 2020
    Really? Wow.
    Well here is a connection. I have a Historic rally organisation called HERO-ERA. Amongst some of our events we organise a Scottish rally called the Scottish malts. In 2014 we ran a stage (test) at Balnagown, his Scottish property.
    So i may have driven on the same road as your car!!

Ewan likes this.