Blown speakers | FerrariChat

Blown speakers

Discussion in '360/430' started by aslowdodge, Oct 22, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aslowdodge

aslowdodge Karting

Jun 5, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    I have a 2005 f430 with the stereo upgrade. I have an Alpine single din stereo head unit which replaced the factory unit.
    The speakers in the center box are buzzing meaning they are cracked. Has anyone replaced these with something better that fit easily?

2. SRLC716

SRLC716 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 15, 2019
    Buffalo
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Highly recommend you reach out to Mike at Scuderia Audio. I purchased door speakers, tweeters, sub, amp and enclosures from him, and it all fits tremendously and sounds like a professional sound studio. I simply cannot recommend him strongly enough!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

3. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    I installed 4" Focal and powered 4" subwoofer. Requires speaker housing or speaker cover modification. Not the quality I see from Scuderia Audio but far better than OEM.

4. spider348

spider348 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Correction: I should have said speaker mounting flange modification, not OEM Speaker Enclosure.

5. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    A direct replacement for the speakers in my 360 subwoofer box were JL Audio C2-650X 6.5" speakers. I bought two to make it a dual speaker system to replace the active and passive system of the OEM system. They are also powered by a new amplifier instead of the booster amp supplied by Ferrari.

I think you will find the price is attractive for the JL speakers.

6. Paul Kane

Paul Kane Karting

May 27, 2020
    Rickmansworth UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Kane
    Mike at Scuderia Audio supplied me 2 6” door Focal speakers and a PX uprated power amp that fits inside original cover under the dash.
    Also 2 sub woofers.
    He had made special size speaker grills for the sub unit too as mine were missing.
    Using the OEM Becker head unit.
    Sounds amazing, better than I expected!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

7. albkid

albkid Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hey Paul:

I am pleased that you are enjoying your new system. Enjoy your car.

8. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ed
    i know this a little old thread - but i noticed today some blown speaker sounds coming from my rear subwoofer box. If i recall, this was the upgraded system. I dont plan to do any mods except change out the two speakers or replace the one that is blown.

Is the previous posts above - im assuming these (360 subwoofer box were JL Audio C2-650X 6.5" speakers.) would be the direct replacement - unplug and plug in new?

9. kenneyd

kenneyd Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2014
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
  10. enio45

enio45 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 16, 2004
    Gilbert, AZ