Blind Spot Detection Malfunction | FerrariChat

Blind Spot Detection Malfunction

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by cyr, May 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    I have a left hand drive Portofino with the ADAS system. The Blind Spot Detection, which should indicate whether it is safe to overtake or to go back to the right lane is peculiar. On the right (passenger) side, the yellow triangle comes on when the car on the lane you want to go into is quite far away. In other words, it is safe to move over if it is not on. However, on the right (driver's) side the triangle comes on ONLY when the car in the lane you want to move into is right next to your car. You CANNOT rely on it to move as the triangle will come on only when the other car is really dangerously next to you.
    Is it normal for there is such a large difference when the triangles on the two sides start flashing: the driver's side when the other car is VERY close and the passenger side when there is ample distance.
    It could be that the radar on the driver's side in my car is not properly adjusted. I asked the dealer and he did not know anything about it, nor how to measure the angle or distance. He said ADAS was very new :rolleyes:.
    Could someone who has ADAS (does not have to be in a Porto) let me know whether their driver's side triangle flashes only when the car is very close or at the same distance as the passenger side distance.
    PS - I posted this on the Portofino chat group but received no response.