Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM First Sunday of Month | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Blackhawk Museum Cars & Coffee: 8:00 AM - 10:00 AM First Sunday of Month

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Brian A, Dec 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Thanks Bxtech for the heads up on Cars and Croissants.

2. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Yeah, yesterday's turn-out was spectacularly small, although some folks parked their daily drivers off-venue and walked in just to participate in the social part of the event.

For me, it was still really fun. Besides visiting with all my Ferrari friends, I enjoyed talking to the guy with the imported Russian Lada, sitting in the Lotus Europa (what a tiny car) (but with more legroom than a Ferrari 308), chatting with the FrankenMiata and Ford GT40 owners and so on.

I brought my silver 1987 BMW 325i convertible.

3. Bxtech

Bxtech Formula Junior

May 4, 2006
    SF Bay Area
    No problem. That meet usually always has a high turnout of exotics and never disappoints!

That's great! Glad to hear that you still had a good time. Yes, I have to admit that it's always fun to meet new people and old friends to talk about cars. Those Europas are very cool. I almost bought one before. The rear window on the early cars is like looking out of a mail slot. Fun cars!

4. Dolceexte

Dolceexte Formula 3

Dec 20, 2015
    There are a bunch of folks rallying to the CnC Santa Row; we should try to meet there

5. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    The weather looks ideal for C&C this Sunday (December 4, 2016).

These ideas always go a little sideways, but the plan is for a few 308 owners to meet at precisely 9:00 AM just to say "hi" and shake hands. ... I'll be there at least. You're welcome to join us even if you are driving a lowly 488. :)

The meeting point is at 37°48'02.8"N 121°55'01.0"W. For those still using Palm Pilots or flip phones, this spot is in the smaller parking lot, to the right of the coffee station, basically beside the fence of the Montessori School playground).

If you never have attended a Blackhawk C&C, it is a must do. Nothing lasts forever either. Blackhawk Museum is in an affluent residential neighborhood; if the residents aren't happy, it could be shut down at any time. They haven't had a M4 curb-jumping demonstration for a while but last month the '66 Camaro crowd was rev'ving and squealing tires which could make the natives restless. I never can tell either how much the Blackhawk Museum likes the C&C monster they have created. 800 cars.

6. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Magnecor ignition wires will be here Thursday and I've got all day Saturday to install them.

7. 77GTB

77GTB Rookie

Oct 14, 2014
    East Bay, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I will be there! Weather looking good, hope to see lots of you there.

8. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Got my new ignition wires installed and did a 138 mile test run up to Mt Hamilton and back so I'll be at C&C on Sunday for sure. Looking forward to meeting some local 308 guys!

9. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    I really want to go, but I promised my wife we'd go spend the whole day in SF tomorrow.

If I don't party too hard tomorrow night, I'll wake up early Sunday morning and head out to Danville and enjoy early morning coffee with you folks.

10. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Wow I should have started going to this a long time ago. From my house it's a perfect Sunday morning drive in my new Ferrari - Deer Valley to Marsh Creek to Vasco to Manning to Highland to Camino Tassajara, all back roads through the Diablo foothills and no freeways. In fact I could even take Morgan Territory Road for some real backwoods adventure.

It was great to meet some of the local 308 (and other) owners, they made me feel real welcome and man, this Cars and Coffee thing is Wild!

11. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Another great turn out today! Lots of nice F-cars! Blackhawk Cars & Coffee remains the best regular standing show in the Bay Area!

12. exoticcardreamer

exoticcardreamer Formula 3

Dec 9, 2014
    usa
    Full Name:
    doesitmatter
    I didn't meet any Ferrari owners but I was there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    The 450hp Radio Flyer coaster wagon took it a bit over the top this month.

Paul: it was great to meet you. You have a gorgeous car.

Exoticcardreamer: next time!

14. SaratogaCA

SaratogaCA Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2016
    Saratoga, CA
    Full Name:
    Sam T.
    Paul, Brian:

Sorry I missed you guys, but I will do my best to be there for the next one.

Please post some pictures, if you have any.

- Sam in Saratoga

15. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    #90 blu328gts, Dec 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. kcabpilot

kcabpilot Formula 3

Apr 17, 2014
    California SF bay area
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I brought two cameras and my smartphone but didn't manage to take a single shot, too busy yaking. I think that's kind of the essence of the event, first Sunday of every month why take pictures?

Okay well, the Radio Flyer wagon I guess that deserved some attention. He even had a front plate, unlike most of us.

17. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    See you on New Year's Day!

The museum posts about a hundred or so photos each month on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlackhawkMuseum

Four DeLoreans! We 308 owners roll our eyes at the Magnum references; the Flux Capacitor jokes must be insufferable.

18. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    couple of beautiful long hood jaguars and a nice GT40 replica.

19. kennyboy

kennyboy Karting

Jun 15, 2016
    SF, CA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I always see two grey 458 with specialie rims. I have been going in a red 458.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    Official count at today's Cars & Coffee was 1,298 cars. Un-be-lieve-able!

21. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    True -Dat!!! And what unique cars came out: Singer Porsche, Fiat Dino, preserved CSX 2191, Toyota 800, etc...

Brian, I was one who chatted with you (and two other 308 owners), when admiring the Fiat Dino. Next time, I'll formally introduce myself. Yesterday, I brought my black '67 e-type roadster...

22. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    That's just too big. I went to the Novato C&C yesterday for the first time. Got there at 8:30 and had to park with riff raff. Nice mix of antiques, classics, hot rods, muscle cars, sports cars, special interest cars and exotics. I didn't count, but I'd guess over 200 cars. Veterans said that it was the biggest ever. It must be spring!

23. 365GTC/4

365GTC/4 Formula 3

Apr 7, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Highlight was the winner of the 1953 Panamericana. A Lancia D24 driven by Fangio. Lots of patina. The show is really too big though and there is little organization. So there are heaps of Honda Accords and Toyotas next to hot rods and Ferrari. So you need to walk a lot to see the diamonds amongst the dirt, sort of.

24. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    It was GREAT speaking with you. Yes, please "formally" say hello next time. I'll buy you a free coffee.

To me, the only problem is dealing with the queue of cars waiting to get in.

The way I've solved the problem, I have found it remarkably pleasant arriving before dawn and watching the sun and the cars arrive. Then again, I bring my own coffee in a nice big Thermos cup and live not that far away.

Dang! I missed the Lancia AGAIN! ... Humm, maybe this show IS too big... To me though, the minimal organization is the great joy; no reservation, no assigned parking, no entry/exit times, no nothing; just show up. They do hire cops now to discourage wheelies and curb jumping demonstrations. I think the Blackhawk Museum does a great job.

25. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    ... and wait a minute. Are you dissin' Martin's turd brown 1975 Honda Civic CVCC barn find??!!!??? That car is so plain and so polished it is actually kinda cool.

(Did you see that microscopic size '70s Toyota 2 cyl aircooled roadster?)