Black 599 Stolen | FerrariChat

Black 599 Stolen

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by PorscheFanatic, May 27, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PorscheFanatic

PorscheFanatic Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2004
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Felix Winqvist
    A relatives 599 was stolen this weekend in France.

Black exterior
    Shields
    Challenge wheels
    Yellow CCB's
    Black alcantara daytona seats
    White stiching all over
    Alcantara covered rollbar
    White cavallinos stitched in the headrests

Let me know if you guys see/hear anything...

2. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Stolen cars rarely come to the GCC now, its too dangerous with Interpol and local authorities quite hardcore about it, back in the 70s and 80s yeah but not now. If you have the S/No.s that would help us if it ever shows up here but chances are they will be replaced if it does otherwise it will be intercepted at customs as their database is linked to the global network. Second the local official Ferrari dealers also keep a database of stolen cars and inform the authorities if it ever shows up for anything. Therefore its next to impossible to enjoy a stolen exotic in the GCC.

Chances are it will end up in Eastern Europe (Albania??) or chopped up for parts, thats more likely than shipping the car to the GCC. Its too hot for anyone to touch it.

Just my 2 fils,

S

3. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    Russia, Kazakhstan...

4. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    The Ferrari is red....not! :D

Seriously though, Hopefully it is found

5. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Sorry about that..........hope you find it.

It will most likey be smuggled into an Eastern European country. You can also post in their section.

Regards,

Tarek

6. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    #6 Pav, May 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    I always wanted to check out Almaty, maybe one of these days :)

8. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    yes dude..

Kazakstans has lots of Oil and Gas.. and lots of corruption.. so i guess.. i would not be suprised if they can buy cars like this.

I guess the 599 is probably going to balken states or either moscow... just my 2 cents

and Kazaks chicks are hot!!!

9. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    Borat: This is Natalya.
    Borat: She is my sister. She is number-four prostitute in whole of Kazakhstan.
    Borat: Niiice!

:D :D

10. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    No way to the balkan states... moreover if it's a EU registered car... if it was a swiss car, a false bill of sale would do the job i believe but there is a good follow up there now.

11. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    +1000

12. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    I was in Kosovo, lots of "interesting cars" there... mostly from the swiss...
    heard most of the cars were stolen from... well. who knows!!!

13. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    hahahaha... yesss... i remember my uncle's W140 was found in Serbia some time ago... but it's quite different now.

14. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    not so sure bro. I was in Pristina a month ago.. and was quite suprised.. to see "interesting stuff"

not sure if this is true.... some ppl found a ferrari hidden in some mountains in Kosovo near Macedonia..

Imagine that!!!

well.. i would be back up again in July, lets see if i can spot any Ferrari or Lambo's

15. BAD 130Y

BAD 130Y Formula Junior

Mar 29, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    R Koli
    Stolen cars still go to GCC ( the GULF ), its who you know at the ports in Dubai and Jebel Ali. I work hand in hand with a software company that works with S010 a special unit in UK which tackles stolen cars going from UK all over the globe and No 2 hot spot for stolen cars to go from UK and Holland is the GULF. Everyday at least 4 containers are intercepted leaving UK ports with High Value cars as Final Destination - Dubai. So far this year 6 Ferraris have been intercepted leavin the UK not to mention 4x4 Rang Rover Sports and Cayenne. All cars were bought on false IDs and false fianance agreements. Because Uk cars have trackers as standard on them the theives buy them on false docs and then try to ship them out, and yes majority slip the net.

A F599 was advertised in the Sunday Times magazine back in April by a private seller, 2 guys pulled up at the sellers house in a S class merc and went for a test drive with the owner and when the owner got out to swop places the guy locked the door and sped off, this was in London and 2 hours later the car was at folkstone on the eurotunnel on false plate and left the UK. Its was only later when the CCTV footage was viewed.

16. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    #16 arezzo, Jun 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
    1) As opposed to popular opinion there aren't that many exotics in the GCC in comparison to other markets (US, Japan etc.) and therefore its very easy to spot out the imports and the traffic department does give people hell here during the registration process for cars not imported by the official agent (I can say for certain from personal experience in Kuwait atleast).

2) The UK the last time I checked was RHD? I am aware that certain cars and models are available in LHD drive in the UK but that is not the norm, Makes no sense having a RHD car here as the GCC is LHD

3) Third Dubai (albeit in the GCC but not the GCC) is a major global logistics hub and one of the major drivers of its economy is re-exporting everything from electronics, rice, cars to baby shampoo, it is entirely possible that the UK cars are being re-exported to other RHD countries (HK? Sing? Australia? Brunei?)

4) There is no way you can plate a stolen Exotic if the S-No.s match Interpols database, if the S-No.s have been changed thats another story altogether.

5) No official Ferrari service center will touch a stolen car period and the same goes for Lambo here.

Who you know doesn't work always :) and I guess it's a two way street, otherwise how do so many of them leave the UK?

At the end of the day its UK crime syndicates that are running this racket of stealing cars and getting them out, if it wasn't the case then they wouldn't be able to afford those mansions in Costa del Sol.

S

17. berkg

berkg Rookie

Dec 31, 2007
    Montreal
    #17 berkg, Jun 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
    In Bahrain, I remember three incidents were cars turned out to be stolen. There was a showroom that came from nowhere selling Porsches,BMW's Merc's and occasionally an odd Ferrari or Lambo wayyy under market price. Two friends test drove cars and took them to the dealerships. Both turned out stolen...In Dubai, they cut some of the stolen cars in half and sell the parts... Ive seen pictures of a 360 Modena, 745i, 5series etc in this state.

It happens, especially considering the size of the market , you could say pretty frequently...

18. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Now, i know where to shop for parts!!! lol

19. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    I suggest also Lithuanian tax free harbor zones. :D

20. 1ual777

1ual777 F1 Rookie

Mar 21, 2006
    Orange County, CA
    Ferrari dealers may not touch the car, but for enough cash someone will.

21. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D

hhaa.. so the eastern blocks are the best place to shop for deals!!!

22. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    For anything german, US Jap (Infiniti, Lexus...) or english (jag, LR) this place is like Ali Baba's cavern. Piles of MY2000+ cars being scraped into pieces.

For italian stuff it's interesting to visit small garages in Poland in the south or west of the country... the cars come and go, don't stay in the country but when you come at the right moment you might find Stradales, 430, Murcies...

:D

23. menoy

menoy F1 Rookie

Mar 12, 2005
    PL
    Full Name:
    MRodziewicz
    #23 menoy, Jun 4, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2008

Any in the west you could point me too? I'd love to have a look... ;)

TBH I never heard of the likes of Ferrari, Lamborghini etc winding their way through PL. The stereotypical Mercedes - yes, those - no... then again it's not like I know everything, so maybe...

24. Pav

Pav Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 18, 2006
    Warsaw, Poland
    Full Name:
    Michal
    I will go to that workshop in Mszana, it's flat 50 mins of drive from my house... will see the sorcellers nest.

25. ffeverd

ffeverd F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    hey guys do you think this helps?

To see the pictures you have to go the website[/quote]

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/3766/9080603002mini2lea9.jpg