Big Thank You to the Empire State FCA Region | FerrariChat

Big Thank You to the Empire State FCA Region

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Nospinzone, Sep 23, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    This was our second annual meet. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. As participants everything flowed smoothly and effortlessly. However, I know there was a lot of work behind the scenes to have everything go that way.

We met so many people, but two that stand out for us from the organizers are Paul Mayo and Bill Rosetti. These guys handled the Pleasure Drive and the Rally Drive (and maybe more). We participated in both and had a ball. Special thanks to Paul's son who mapped out the Rally route. The scenery was just spectacular, so much so that my wife refused to fill out the rally questions lest she miss the scenery. So we made up the answers and not surprisingly didn't finish in the top three. :D

Kudos to the whole Empire State team for a job very well done!

And as an aside, I have to say the people of Corning and the surrounding towns could not have been nicer.

Edc2104 likes this.
  2. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Couldn't agree more. My wife and I enjoyed every minute and we gave up on the Pleasure Drive questions too, there was just too much nice scenery to look at. We also had a great time on the Lake Seneca dinner cruise, so a big thanks to all.

3. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Damn, you guys make me envious and sorry I wasn't able to be there.
    I had really looked forward to the Pleasure Drive.

4. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Every aspect of the Meet was superb. Thank you to all, all volunteers, for your efforts and success.

BTW, driving the Watkins Glen course was AWESOME.

5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hey Stan - I saw your car there but nobody was around it when I was looking so I had no way to meet you. Show was cool.

6. StanT

StanT Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2007
    Vienna, VA
    Dave,

I would have loved to have met you, as I believe you have one of the just 528 other 355F1 GTSs. Glad you enjoyed the show.

7. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Hey Stan,

I do have a 98 F1 GTS but I did not bring it. It was not show ready and I did not know what the parking would be like so I came in my Maserati GT.

8. Hobacks427

Hobacks427 Karting

Nov 2, 2014
    North Jersey
    Full Name:
    Neil
    This was my first national meet and from my viewpoint it exceeded my expectations - great venue, the local folks and businesses treated us very well, excellently planned and executed, and we got to meet exceptional folks in the club. Nothing left for myself and wife to do but have a good time.

Many thanks to the planners, organizers, and folks who worked the event to show us a good time.