Big Fat Bottle of Adrenaline - Let's Talk Pre-Workout Energy | FerrariChat

Big Fat Bottle of Adrenaline - Let's Talk Pre-Workout Energy

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by modena1_2003, Aug 22, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Now I have to be honest and say that one day, I'm sure my heart will explode in a way that will make me regret drinking this and that, guaranteeing a higher rate of energy in the gym. For now though, I'm trying a little here and there and have had some mean effects.

So, tell it here, about your favorite pre-workout energy drink (im in NO WAY talking about RedBull. - N.O. XPlode, stuff like that).
    What works the best for you? Whats the best value? And who's still taking epehedra - just kidding :D .

I drink a product called Endorush. The caution label on the back warning you to "drink one quarter of the bottle...then wait a half hour to judge your body's tollerance. Drink another quarter...." is not a joke. My tollerance is rediculously high and I usually drink a whole one, though the first time I called BS on that label, it all came up in the bathroom. I have to say, it's some of the best stuff there is IMO.

_J

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Mmm... as delicious the second time as it was the first!

3. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    I just go into a workout with the energy I have...something that has a warning label and causes you to throw it up doesn't sound like something you should be putting into your body IMO.

4. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    Believe it or not caffein actually helps speed fat lose. So a small cup of coffee before your work out will help pump blood around faster and keep you more aware.

I remember back in the days when ripped fuel(current version caffeinated) with ephedra was around and it was very effective, to bad its not allowed any more, its almost caffein like only a few people actually overdosed, heck more people die from smoking and drinking than ephdra.lol

5. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I just have 2 or 3 cups of coffee, or 2 cups of coffee and a cup of green tea in the morning at work. My pre-WO fuel is just the food I consume an hour prior to going to the gym. I've thought about taking something before hand.

I have a free sample of SuperPump250 I've been waiting to try. I may try it this week.

6. newgentry

newgentry Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2007
    Johnson City, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'm a coffee guy too. 2-3 cups really helps.

7. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I don't take anything and force myself to workout even if I feel really tired. I guess coffee would fix that, but I don't drink coffee for some reason...

8. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    Coffee also stimulates intestinal movements its better than fiber .lol :)

9. BigDog

BigDog Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    under the sea!
    coffee and green tea

back in the day used ephedra, even went as far as clenbuterol

10. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    Used an EC stack up until a month ago. Finally realized that I don't need it - it's all mental.

Working out natural > working out with supplements.

11. mwhite

mwhite Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Matthew White
    Not that I am for this or against it but I noticed a couple of comments on ephedra. Due to the type of ban that is on it, you can still buy it online. Just sayin'

12. iLikeTelevision

iLikeTelevision Karting

Apr 12, 2008
    Antartica
    Full Name:
    John
    Not much for me.

I feel most energized if I work out right after I eat breakfast. Some people say you should eat after you work out but it is what works for me.

That time of day is when I feel like I have the most energy, from sleeping and the food.

13. Nate Johnson

Nate Johnson Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2006
    USA
    I drink HEET before, during and after my workouts. It works like a charm.

14. azew

azew Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2006
    New York
  15. HobbsTC

HobbsTC Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 14, 2004
    Lakeland, FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I just started taking EAS Muscle Armor. Its technically a recovery drink, but the directions say to take it before and during your workout. Awesome taste to it plus I really do feel re-energized every time I sip it during my workout. It's $90 retail for 30 servings, but I bought it on ebay for $25.

16. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I tried SP250 last week. I didn't really feel anything from it. I think I may be one of those that would need 2 or 3 packets compared to the 1 sample I had.

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    creatine. before and after workout.

18. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Stick with complex carbs. I eat yogurt myself before two hours of weight lifting and eliptical trainer. I usually have to stop myself from working out or I'll just keep going. Then I have soy protein shake with calcium/magnesium drink as an after-drink.

19. robbreid

robbreid Karting

Feb 25, 2007
    Starbucks.