Bianco: Avus, Italia or Fuji??.... | FerrariChat

Bianco: Avus, Italia or Fuji??....

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by RCorsa, Oct 15, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    I ordered my 488 Spider last week and I know I want white as I LOVE my 488 GTB which is B. Avus. I still have a few weeks before my order locks and I'm really on the fence on TL whites given the cost is an extra 10% of the entire car. Avus is obviously flat white (little off white hue) Italia is the hardest to find examples of (maybe it's a newer paint?). There are almost no photos of it anywhere but I hear its more bright white (probably closest to Avus) I was able to see the paint on metal sample during the build but its so hard to tell on a 12 inch piece of metal. Lots of Fuji examples. It appears to have more of a gold/brown tint to it and Nelson275 sent me some nice photos of his Speciale A in Fuji. In other photos it looks almost silver and there is a 4K video from Germany with a "fuji 488" but it looks very different (see below)

https://youtu.be/EcsuZSa8sbw

Anyway, Im sure folks will have opinions here and obviously I know its my car and "get what you like" comments are obvious. If I was able to see them all side by side I could make an informed decision and I will get what I like....Cheers to you all....

2. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    I have a Speciale Bianco Avus, and have seen next Bianco Fuji cars. Bianco Avus is much nicer and looks more sporty, with bigger contrast. Bianco Fuji and Bianco Italia are very nice colors but look grey. I strongly recommend you Bianco Avus.

3. FE458IT

FE458IT Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2013
    Toronto
    Fuji is nice but i can't justify the 30K extra.

Id rather go with avus or rosso corsa, and spend the 30K elsewhere

4. glob1971

glob1971 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 3, 2011
    Czech Republic
    Bianco Avus next to Bianco Fuji, Avus is brighter than Fuji even in the shadow. Also consider possible repairs such as repainting bumper (back mirrors, etc...) if needed, easy to fix with Avus but almost impossible to match color on triple layer color cars such as Fuji or Italia. Once more I recommend you Bianco Avus.
    [​IMG]

5. AlfistaPortoghese

AlfistaPortoghese Moderator
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2014
    Europe, but not by much.
    Full Name:
    Nuno
    As mentioned above: not the most impartial guy in the world here, but I favour the Avus. The Fuji is more "pearlish" than actual bright, clean white. Nevertheless, Ferrari state that the Avus is a color harder to maintain and requires more attention. Even so, I'd prefer to spend the extra $$$ on some extra than in a different shade of white. Avus is an instant beauty and impact maker imho. But I do understand your hesitation: Fuji is also quite classy.

Kind regards,

Nuno.

6. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I like the more pearl looking whites- they look like super silver vs stark white which I don't really like. Its all personal preference.

ScottS and Alexcle like this.
  7. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    #7 Donatella, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Wow! Stunning. Might be the best looking 488 color.

Dorin Candea likes this.
  9. spiders

spiders Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2012
    How about Avorio? It's far more beautiful than any of the whites, is classic and historical. It's different from the pack. It's easy on the eyes, shows the lines well, and doesn't glare in the bright sun as white can.

Pearly whites and metallic whites are favorite colors for old ladies to have on their Lexus or Navigators. I see one of those cars and I think an old lady must have selected the color. I wouldn't chose those colors for a Ferrari.

10. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    wow that might be the winner...where did you get/find this photo and do you have more?

11. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    #11 Donatella, Oct 15, 2016
  12. Donatella

Donatella Karting

Aug 26, 2007
    US
    In the last picture you can see the difference between Fuji and the Bianco Avus cars in the background..

13. shawnmkrt

shawnmkrt Karting

Sep 29, 2005
  14. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Ok. I think this may have made my decision.. this is how I specked my car minus the CF air splitter (which I don't care for). Damn 27k is a lot but it really looks amazing. Sure you could do a wrap but I doubt it would look this good! Thanks for posting these. Any outdoor shots? Now I'm just being greedy I know....

Dorin Candea likes this.
  15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Fuji is THE BEST color I've EVER seen on a Ferrari in person (430). Couldn't take my eyes off of it.

Good to see somebody sack up and avoid the boring flat red color....

SavageDanielle likes this.
  16. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    +1 Fuji all the way!! :)

17. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I had a Fuji Maserati Gransport and it was an amazing color...gorgeous.
    Bianco Avus? You might as well call it Bianco Frigidair.....boring.

18. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    + Fuji!!

19. F430kenric

F430kenric Formula 3

Mar 27, 2011
    Have a bianco Italia on way on my 488. I hope it has that pearl affect.

20. saraojo

saraojo Formula 3

Mar 9, 2015
    Northeast
    I prefer fuji, then maybe italia. Avus, is not as nice as the other two

21. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    I have seen all 3 whites.
    I like Avus the least - sorry. It just isn't the prettiest white vs other manufacturers whites. To me it is a very stark white. Like a frigidaire as stated.
    The fuji, unless in bright light is the most "beige".
    The Italia is a brighter white and 10K less than the fuji. I saw a Bianco Italia 488 and it was quite striking.
    I would prefer saving the extra 10K and getting the Italia as it looks great in all lights. In bright light, fuji is magnificent as it has many different hues/depth.
    I hope you are sufficiently confused!
    Best

22. kramsay1234

kramsay1234 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2009
    Toronto, Canada
    I almost bought my 16M in Fuji. Love that color and if you are ok with the extra money then get it. Makes the car extra special.

23. Mkeeg12

Mkeeg12 Karting

Apr 15, 2014
    Ladera Ranch, California
    Full Name:
    Mathew Keegan
    #23 Mkeeg12, Oct 16, 2016
    My TDF is Bianco Italia Opaco. I love the triple layer whites and have been really wanting to do a triple layer. My Speciale, Speciale Aperta, 488 Spider and 458 Challenge are all Bianco Avus. In my opinion the special paints suit the limited production cars. Bianchi Fuji is a beautiful color but is historically a Maserati color where Biancho Italia is a Ferrari color. Obviously both are available.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Citadel, IloveGT and Alexcle like this.
  24. RCorsa

RCorsa Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 5, 2014
    West Coast
    Actually the Italia and Fuji are both triple layer and both 27k per the 2017 Extra Campionario price list I was given. As for my confusion, I am torn but now leaning toward Fuji > Italia > Avus. I've found a local car in Italia so I can compare with my Avus 488. From what I can tell Italia has more blue grey tones and is a water based paint and Fuji is more gold tones and is oil based.

newshadow and Dorin Candea like this.
  25. 458trofeo

458trofeo F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2013
    City of Angels
    Full Name:
    101 aki
    Fuji!!
    Trust me, I'm Italian and have good taste: I mean look at my car LOL :D