Beyond the Grid podcast | FerrariChat

Beyond the Grid podcast

Discussion in 'F1' started by 05011994, Jun 26, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    I have been listening to the F1 Beyond the Grid podcasts and they are excellent. For those that have not listened to them, they interview a F1 personality either from the past of the present.

Listening to the one released today on the way home from work was fun hearing Patrick Tambay talk about his deep friendship with Gilles and how special it was to win for Ferrari. Last week was Jody Scheckter and he spoke of his time with Ferrari and Gilles as well as his very successful business career after F1. The one with John Watson talking about Niki Lauda being so drunk that he lost his Alfa between the club and the hotel while they were teammates at. Brabham was hilarious.

The ones I have enjoyed the most were Berger, DiMontezemelo, Gordon Murray, Prost, Alan Jones, Ross Brawn, Leclerc, Jackie Stewart, Alesi and Kimi. Definitely worth a listen, with all the complaining we all do about the current state F1 this is something they are doing right.

Patrick Dixon, crinoid, Bas and 6 others like this.
  2. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agreed. I loved the John Watson episode too. Also the Rob Smedley episode had some moments.

Bas likes this.
  3. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    The new podcast with Daniele Audetto was very interesting today. If what he says is true, you will definitely look at Fuji 1976 differently and certainly confirms what almost everyone thinks of Ron Dennis. Very much worth a listen. Also definitely listen to the most recent Charles Leclerc podcast from several weeks ago, really reinforced my opinion that he is my favorite F1 driver currently.

Bas likes this.
  4. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Not heard the Audetto one yet but heard almost every single other one so far....it really is very interesting. Tom had a great relationship with many of them. I loved the Montoya episode.

5. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Current listening now Norbert Haug interview. I also enjoyed Nick Heidfeld's episode very much.